Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #61
Silver Member

Thanks for posting in defense of the gas engines. Diesels have certain advantages, but my 1996 dodge v10 pup will run circles around all these diesel vans and it is idling at 70mph. 8-10 mpg kinda sucks, but mashing the throttle and roasting the tires is still fun...lol and I have 180 thousand and haven't done anything but change the oil.
Camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #62
Gold Member

Camoman, what is your opinion of the Cummins 6.7? I’m thinking about a 2012 Ram 2500 diesel...
Thevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:14 PM   #63
Silver Member

I don't have personal experience with that one. I have heard both good and bad, but cummins tends to stand behind their stuff and come up with fixes if there is a legitimate problem.
Engines are their only business after all. They don't make cars and bulldozers etc.
If it was me I would definitely risk the cummins rather than the Jap/Chevy and the newer in-house Ford diesel v8 stuff.
Also, the aftermarket is always gonna be loaded with cummins fixes and upgrades. Generally cummins knows inline 6 diesel engines better than anyone, and everybody "diesel" knows that the inline is a better configuration for a powerful diesel work engine...although they take more material and are heavier than a v8.
Let us know how it turns out. Like I said, if I was gonna go newer, cummins is what I would I would pick hands down.
Camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:42 PM   #64
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
As one of the offenders on this, as were, as you mention, other senior members, a bit of explaining may be in order, not to justify but just to put a bit of history on it.

We have some posters here who will take any thread and start posting marginally related statements that have been at best controversial on many, many, other threads in the past. The goal seems to be to try to get the last word by posting the same, IMO, debunked or inaccurate, claims in as many threads as possible. If unanswered, those dubious statements stand alone and could be the source of, again IMO, bad information that new members or other searching for help on the forum.

This has invariably led to wandering off topic threads recently many times. Often the threads go on so long nobody would even recognize them.
THANK YOU ! I do not reply as often as I would like, I am also out of context but I have to mention that I totally I mean totally agree in the above statement.These nonsense non productive and mostly wrong post have been going on and on, poster is trying to justify a bad decision of purchasing a too expensive used RV with too many problems with the DEF, the generator, bad financial planning, etc...Get over it sell the RV, buy a nice car and pay for hotels. Am I being a troll here ???? Sorry I wont post for a another few months.
Paul the Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class b resale