Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default RIP Tioga George

I’m sure many here have been following, or followed George.on his adventures.
Sadly, George has passed away.

This was posted on his Blog.

Dear Readers
I'm sure you have been wondering why George has not made a post recently. I have some very sad news to report to you. George passed away last week. As a regular reader, you may have noticed that he had been struggling to complete his truck renovation project. His deteriorating health had been frustrating to him and of increasing concerns to his family and friends, and it finally caught up with him.

George loved his life, solving problems, meeting challenges, and seeking out the next adventure just around the corner. He experienced great joy sharing this on his blog and his readers became like family to him. He is considered the "Grand Daddy" of using the internet to connect with people and sharing his travels. He loved you all, and will be deeply missed by many. Now he is on his last great adventure.

George wished to have as little fuss as possible be made upon his passing so there will be no public service for him. I know that many of you may wish to say goodby, so I am making an effort to open the comment section on his blog so that you may have that opportunity to say a few words about him and communicate with each other.
Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:48 AM   #2
Platinum Member

His adventures and his lust for life inspired many...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
Platinum Member

A true RV'er has left us. I have followed him for years, especially his time when he was in Mexico, his ability to develop so many Mexican friends, and learning to speak their language without any type of classes. Thanks for posting this information, he will be missed.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:52 AM   #4
Platinum Member

He inspired so many to hit the road in their RV... and go out of their comfort zone to live life to its fullest.

RIP George... we all loved following you.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #5
Platinum Member

sad to hear this, I liked him for his honesty in his posts, he had some great adventures, god bless,,,,
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:53 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppster66 View Post
sad to hear this, I liked him for his honesty in his posts, he had some great adventures, god bless,,,,
He really bared his soul, even when his son committed suicide he was open and honest about what he was going through...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:06 PM   #7
Gold Member

I joined RV.net in 2004. I read about “Tioga & George” through them and avidly followed his Adventures. He was truly my first inspiration to buy an RV someday and enjoy the Lifestyle.

Thanks for the Memories George. RIP
angelmroman is offline   Reply With Quote