Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Lee

Default Roadside Assistance

I am a new RV owner and is looking at roadside assistance for my roadtrek 190. Any information would greatly apprciated !
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadside Assistance

Here's some info Lee:

http://classbforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=978

We have Good Sam ERS but have never used it.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Platinum Member

We switched from GS ERS to Coach Net a couple of years ago. They are both great, but didn't like GS from the standpoint of the first year being X price, then they go up the next, small gripe but I switched. Safe travels.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

We had CAA Plus (AAA in the USA) but were then advised we needed CAA RV Plus, even though
a class B is just a slightly heavier, slightly taller, full sized cargo van. AND, they wanted close to
C$175/year, so we switched to Good Sam ERS for US$79 first year, going up to US$112 thereafter.
I think CAA/AAA have such high prices because they have all the added features like tripticks,
and discounts on lots of touristy stuff many RVers probably don't need or care about. At least
we don't!
Good Sam ERS is (hopefully) just good basic vehicle problem assistance, without the bells and whistles.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore
We switched from GS ERS to Coach Net a couple of years ago. They are both great, but didn't like GS from the standpoint of the first year being X price, then they go up the next, small gripe but I switched. Safe travels.
There appears to be a slight price benefit at CoachNet over GS ERS. (CN is $99/year+$10 one time signup fee
GS is $112 per year for what appears to be the same coverage). After the first CN year it's $99/year.
10 bucks is 10 bucks if the service is the same.
Any feedback on their service or any (gulp!) experience yet?

I saw some folks on RVNet had switched to them, but didn't follow up really, to compare.
I may be switching next year (again) if the general consensus is they have about the same
service quality as GS, and unless CAA drops their price, or smartens up and offers a no frills
RV ERS plan that's competitively priced. Not everyone wants the Disney tickets and hotel/motel
10% discounts.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
We had CAA Plus (AAA in the USA) but were then advised we needed CAA RV Plus, even though
a class B is just a slightly heavier, slightly taller, full sized cargo van. AND, they wanted close to
C$175/year, so we switched to Good Sam ERS for US$79 first year, going up to US$112 thereafter.
I think CAA/AAA have such high prices because they have all the added features like tripticks,
and discounts on lots of touristy stuff many RVers probably don't need or care ab out. At least
we don't!
Good Sam ERS is (hopefully) just good basic vehicle problem assistance, without the bells and whistles.
I upgraded to CAA RV Plus 2 days before I picked up my used RT 190. A brake caliper seized up on the way home so I called CAA and asked for a tow to a garage. CAA sent out a huge tow truck because they treat all RVs the same way. The tow truck driver who usually hauls buses or freightliners said it was the smallest payload he ever towed. Go figure. I was very happy with the service but this probably helps explain the high cost. Will take a look at Good Sam.

Dave
Roadtreker is offline   Reply With Quote