Old 01-23-2018, 10:03 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I bet it did in Moab with that low humidity. I had more in mind somewhere like the Texas Gulf Coast where humidity is 120% and the temperature is 100 degrees. It can rain without a cloud in the sky!!

Seriously, humidity really seems to be as important in our RT as the temperature. By the way that is a nice Class C you have. We almost bought one before we found the Phoenix Cruiser totally tricked out with 7000 miles on it, eleven months old and four miles from our house. They only make about 20 of our model a year so we leaped on it and have really enjoyed it.

This year we want to go to Glacier NP early in September. We live in Oklahoma City and it is 1500 miles up there. That would be a wear out for me driving our Phoenix, particularly if we towed the Jeep to get around. With a 210 Roadtrek, just a long drive and you can get around but not over the Going to the Sun highway because they limit it to 20 feet length I am told.

In a nutshell, even a small C is a truck. A 210 is a van. Nuff said.

Paul

Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
I bet it did in Moab with that low humidity. I had more in mind somewhere like the Texas Gulf Coast where humidity is 120% and the temperature is 100 degrees. It can rain without a cloud in the sky!!

Seriously, humidity really seems to be as important in our RT as the temperature. By the way that is a nice Class C you have. We almost bought one before we found the Phoenix Cruiser totally tricked out with 7000 miles on it, eleven months old and four miles from our house. They only make about 20 of our model a year so we leaped on it and have really enjoyed it.

This year we want to go to Glacier NP early in September. We live in Oklahoma City and it is 1500 miles up there. That would be a wear out for me driving our Phoenix, particularly if we towed the Jeep to get around. With a 210 Roadtrek, just a long drive and you can get around but not over the Going to the Sun highway because they limit it to 20 feet length I am told.

In a nutshell, even a small C is a truck. A 210 is a van. Nuff said.

Paul
Well said. I appreciate your input, Paul. Safe travels!

HawkTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:58 AM   #13
Platinum Member

I've had a ball with my 2006 210 Popular!

No real issues other than some worn steering components at 33,000 miles.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #14
Platinum Member

I have only had one MH, a 2005 Roadtrek 210 Popular. I looked at and compared many others before buying it in 2015 with 43000 on it. Other than several things needing repair that were probably age related and while I have made several upgrades, that were not necessary, just what I preferred, I'm very happy with it.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #15
Platinum Member

I have the '15 210, and have experienced no problems. I also had an '05 190P for eight years....and never experienced a problem. Ron
Old 10-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #16
Silver Member

I have a 2005 210P. Bought in 2014 with 65K miles. I’ve since doubled that. The only Chassis related failure was the Alternator. Just routine Maintenance/Service.

I Full-time. Permanent Twin Beds. Plenty of storage. I’m a hands-on Guy, so I’ve enjoyed doing numerous Mods/Upgrades.

Very,very pleased. I HIGHLY recommend one .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CE53CA39-4B93-42F4-B05D-DAB73276916C.jpg (112.3 KB, 13 views)
angelmroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:05 AM   #17
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTX View Post
Hello all....I'm a newb with some questions about a specific model Class B. My wife and I are interested in a 2017 Roadtrek 210 Popular. I keep hearing the term bulletproof on this model because it has been around so long and on the Chevy chassis. I have read about some air conditioner problems, but it appeared this was on older models. I was curious if there are any 210 Popular owners or past owners that could shed light on the PROS and CONS? Thanks in advance for any help.
I have just found the Pros and Cons, you can have a look about it from here: https://rvshare.com/rv/roadtrek-rental. Thanks! But I also have seen so many people traveled with the Roadtrek before.
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:17 AM   #18
Platinum Member

We have about 150K miles on our 2008 210P and it is going great. Certainly have sone a few repairs: rear wheel bearing, front and rear brake pads/rotors, install Bilsteins, tires, replaced slides on the battery drawer and replaced the fridge. It has never let us down on the road, generator works fine, CoolCat A/C works fine, convection microwave works fine. Still love it and we are getting ready to head out to Arizona in a couple of weeks.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #19
Bronze Member

Default 210P

We have owned our 2006 roadtrek 210p for 8.5 years. Owned a class a for 9 years before that. Loved it for what it was, a way to get from point a to point b towing a jeep to use to get around. But we were not really able to SEE the country like we wanted. The past 8.5 years we have toured the country, hardly ever backtracking anywhere, and going places, and staying places, that we would never try in the class a. That said, we have been very happy with the chevy chassis and only done regular maintenance for the most part. Upgrades were the wagner severe duty rotors and pads, bilstein shocks, tranny cooler, hd fan clutch, full time double comfy bed so we can reach the storage under the bed, wired backup camera, 255 watts of solar panels, and some other small items. When, and if, we ever get tired of touring the country and canada, we may decide to move back up to a class b+ or c and stay in campgrounds and resorts more. But not yet. Got a lot more traveling to do. We boondock much of the time.

hardybob is offline   Reply With Quote