Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2024, 01:21 PM   #21
Platinum Member

jrbus wrote:

I have noticed that some people in order to increase their mpg lie about it, either that or they are delusional. I try not to pay attention to mpg and focus on other things.

That is right on target. Of all the expenses to worry about on a Class B I worry least about gas mileage. I drive, normally, around 65-70 and yes I could save fuel if I drove 55. Also, it would take me 15-20% longer to get down the road and I would reduce my gasoline costs by maybe the equivalent percentages. I figure it costs me probably about 60 gallons more fuel over 6000 miles of driving.

We like to travel with full tanks of fresh water because we never know where we may end up for a day or two. You can still travel like that during week day in some parts of the country. Long ago, we learned that most of what we thought we needed to have an enjoyable trip of a few days was just never needed and so we never max out our weight. For longer trips, we have learned what to take so as never to have an over weight problem.

We bought our 2007 RT 210P new and still own it. We bought it to enjoy and not worry about a few bucks extra a year to drive it at a comfortable speed. Yes, we often also drive 55 mph on those blue line roads (remember maps?).
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:49 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
jrbus wrote:

I have noticed that some people in order to increase their mpg lie about it, either that or they are delusional. I try not to pay attention to mpg and focus on other things.

That is right on target. Of all the expenses to worry about on a Class B I worry least about gas mileage. I drive, normally, around 65-70 and yes I could save fuel if I drove 55. Also, it would take me 15-20% longer to get down the road and I would reduce my gasoline costs by maybe the equivalent percentages. I figure it costs me probably about 60 gallons more fuel over 6000 miles of driving.

We like to travel with full tanks of fresh water because we never know where we may end up for a day or two. You can still travel like that during week day in some parts of the country. Long ago, we learned that most of what we thought we needed to have an enjoyable trip of a few days was just never needed and so we never max out our weight. For longer trips, we have learned what to take so as never to have an over weight problem.

We bought our 2007 RT 210P new and still own it. We bought it to enjoy and not worry about a few bucks extra a year to drive it at a comfortable speed. Yes, we often also drive 55 mph on those blue line roads (remember maps?).

Very similar here with our 07 190P. We only use one fresh tank as I took out the inside one, so we have less water, but normally full when we leave.

Yep, mileage is one of things that seems to be able to make otherwise honest people less so.

For the first few year we were in the drive slow, mileage bragging, mode and routinely topped 16mpg by a bit for whole trips, but now it is about 72ish on freeways to make time or even faster if it is an emergency run home like we had a few years ago where we drove 75+ for most of 1600 miles. At the 72 cruise, our overall trips including slower stuff and stop and go pretty consistently come in at 14.5mpg, which is just fine with us as we have more time at the destinations and it isn't so incredibly boring on long stretches across the sometimes bleak landscape.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 10:41 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I think all 210s were built on full bodies vans and only the 200s were on cutaways.

The 210s did cut off more of the body to expand the width of the body behind the cab, so more fiberglass than a 190 or 170, but they still started as a full bodied van.

210s have the same clearance as the other full body vans and numerous ones on this forum have been lifted.
I have not seen a 210 up close yet. I know I looked at a couple 190's and could not crawl under them. I can crawl under my 02 200. At first I though it was lifted, it is not.
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 10:45 PM   #24
Platinum Member

If I did not have a full tank of water and things I do not need I might as well have a tent!
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote