Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2014, 01:39 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default roadtrek cs e-trek no luxury package

I've read so much about the roadtrek cs with full e-trek that i've decided to look at one.

However the one near me does not have the OEM sprinter luxury package from roadtrek.it does have the full e-trek though. is there a great downside to not having this OEM package.

can anybody clue me in to what this actually adds to the van.

thanks
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:05 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: roadtrek cs e-trek no luxury package

You can go here... http://www.mbsprinterusa.com/build-and-equip/cargo-van and build your Sprinter to your specifications or in your case find out what you are not getting. When I ordered I basically built my package and just about included everything I could. Most converters mass purchase a set package.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Daydd- the problem is on paper i can't tell what comes and does not come with the package offered. after looking at the sprinter sight and trying to build and roadtrek site and trying to understand.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:51 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I would guess the main missing luxury package item I've seen in Bs has been the steering wheel control buttons something I have and really like. Converters often modify and re-upholster seats so much of that is not ordered. In dash radios are often upgraded separately by the converters. Thoracic air bags are often missing but I consider that safety and not luxury. I'm not sure there is much more that you would miss other than those steering wheel control buttons if they are part of a luxury package.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:14 AM   #5
Platinum Member

somebody found it for me

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Old 08-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #6
Silver Member

You've already had one answer but the source of what you get from RT when you order the Lux Package is also on their webpage at http://www.roadtrek.com/buildyourown/bu ... ountry=USA

Luxury chassis OEM option package
Headlamp washing system, light & rain sensor, fog lamps, bi-xenon headlamps, heated front seats, multifunction steering wheel & instrument cluster, locking glove box, middle dash hinged storage lid.
"Safety option additions: Comfort seats, rear view camera, Mercedes Becker nav system, collision prevention system, blind spot assist, drive assist, lane keeping assist, high beam assist, addition of thorax and side impact window airbags".
- U.S. $7,787
bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #7
Platinum Member

The multifunction steering wheel and instrument cluster are the steering wheel buttons I mentioned. Up until recently I had not seen them on many Class Bs. I have them on my 2011 GWVan Legend and would not want to do without them. We are getting most of that stuff on our Advanced RV. Not sure all of it is necessary. My wife insisted on the locking glove box.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
Site Team

We have many of those items on our 2014 chassis. I give a thumbs up to the safety options. Blind spot assist and lane keeping assist are very well done and definitely make for a safer and more relaxed drive. The multifunction steering wheel and instrument cluster integrate well with the factory navigation. I especially like the nav summary display on the little display in the instrument cluster. I don't think you would get that with any aftermarket nav.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbill
You've already had one answer but the source of what you get from RT when you order the Lux Package is also on their webpage at http://www.roadtrek.com/buildyourown/bu ... ountry=USA

Luxury chassis OEM option package
Headlamp washing system, light & rain sensor, fog lamps, bi-xenon headlamps, heated front seats, multifunction steering wheel & instrument cluster, locking glove box, middle dash hinged storage lid.
"Safety option additions: Comfort seats, rear view camera, Mercedes Becker nav system, collision prevention system, blind spot assist, drive assist, lane keeping assist, high beam assist, addition of thorax and side impact window airbags".
- U.S. $7,787
the problem with the roadtrek blurb-i had looked at it-isthat some of the things that are standard on the van are in the list. list makes it seem like your getting more for the extra money. for instance you get the rear view camera regardless of whether you get this extra package