Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek delay??

I put a deposit down on a Roadtrek CS Adventurous at the Pomona RV show back in October with a 2018 model year chassis. I was originally told that the chassis would be delivered in Jan, then that was revised to Feb and the latest is now I am told June. Can anyone provide any information about why this is (I have not gotten much from the dealer other than it is a Mercedes issue) or perhaps let me know that this shouldn't be the case??
Thanks very much for any info you might provide!
Learning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #2
Site Team

I haven't been following the details, but I can confirm that MB has had serious emissions-related issues with the Sprinter. Seems to be at least in part fallout from the VW diesel scandal. The wonderful I4 engine isn't even available.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:50 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
I haven't been following the details, but I can confirm that MB has had serious emissions-related issues with the Sprinter. Seems to be at least in part fallout from the VW diesel scandal. The wonderful I4 engine isn't even available.
2019 model year getting close
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:19 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I know that in February, they had run out of 2017 Promasters and are now using 2018s and a delivery in May/June for a 2019 rig.

Have you tried calling the Roadtrek sales department at the factory? Tell them that your dealer has just said that it is a MB issue and you wonder if they know when you might expect delivery.

They'll probably just tell you to keep asking the dealer (because they probably don't know either...)
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have asked the factory / HQ and you are right, they referred me to the dealer (who didn't have much insight). I then contacted the regional sales manager for Roadtrek and expect a response with more info later today. I'll share any news I get on this thread for the benefit of anyone else who might be encountering similar delays.
Thanks again
Learning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #6
BBQ
Platinum Member

MB is changing the factory in USA. Expansions and additions.
Delays and disconnects are expected.
It does not help that they are also changing the model AND the engines at the same time.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:27 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Factory delays should not be the customers problem. If the factory cannot deliver then they shouldn't be selling.

I would give them a date and demand delivery or cancel the order.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:45 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
Factory delays should not be the customers problem. If the factory cannot deliver then they shouldn't be selling.

I would give them a date and demand delivery or cancel the order.
I don't see delays, per se, as necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes its just a reality for smaller scale builders. ARV, Safari and Sportsmobile are quoting delivery dates of a year or more. IMO, what counts isn't the length of the delay but whether they meet the delivery period promised when you fork over a deposit.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:08 PM   #9
Platinum Member

You can always cancel. Surely there is a CS sitting on somebodies lot somewhere - actually your Regional Sales Manager can help you find one - they would rather do that than loose your order.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:37 AM   #10

Default Roadtrek delays.

We ordered our Simplicity, built on the Ram van, in October too, and we are only now taking delivery on Saturday the 28th. 6 months and one week. I went on the factory web page and used the chat feature to ask when our unit would be built. Got a fellow at the factory named Leo who helped us out. Maybe he can be of some help to you.
If I had it to do all over again, I would not order, I would shop on the internet to find what I wanted and travel to get it now. Some of the big sales like LaMesa RV, and others really discount too, beat my deal with my dealer on the first quote. I found many units on the net just like we ordered all over the west.
Buckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:00 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Leo is my "go-to" man at Roadtrek. He used to be in warranty and helped me through the Lithium fiasco in 2015. He now works in the sales department. Good man... tons of patience with frustrated or angry customers.

Special orders are crucial for me as I always want something out of the ordinary that NEVER shows up on any lot. For a few months it was hard to even find Simplicity SRTs anywhere on a lot. Ordering late fall means that your order arrived in the queue very close to change over of model years... and perhaps not having the color you wanted in their inventory. Now should be a good time to order since they are now into 2018 platforms and supply should be better.

Fortunately for me, delivery time doesn't much matter. I have my current rig to use until it arrives.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote