Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2016, 08:53 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
The Roadtrek Simplicity has been out for awhile, I think there must be a newer low end model coming in Elkhart...
Yes, that full length Simplicity has been available for some time and in stock at many dealers. The shorter SRT Simplicity appears to be new at Hershey.

It will be interesting to see if they really do have a new low end segment to introduce at Elkhart.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
Yes, that full length Simplicity has been available for some time and in stock at many dealers. The shorter SRT Simplicity appears to be new at Hershey.

It will be interesting to see if they really do have a new low end segment to introduce at Elkhart.
True, it may be the one they are showing...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:20 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Very odd. The have an aisle facing toilet, it appeared, so it just looks like it would a natural to combine the toilet and shower like they used to do, with an aisle shower. This one you give up the entire floor to ceiling space, just to get a bit of countertop, so it might as well have fixed walls.
I thought the aisle shower in the Chevy used a lowered floor section of some kind, maybe not easy to do with the Promaster floor??
Old 09-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #24
Platinum Member

And just to be clear for anyone just joining this thread, we have a couple different units getting intermingled:

1) Roadtrek's 'Entry Level' Class B, which may be the Simplicity SRT model on the 20ft Promaster chassis, a slightly shorter two person only variant of the existing 21ft Simplicity model. Or it might be something entirely new and groundbreaking to be unveiled at the Elkhart show...

2) Roadtrek Zion Link, an even shorter 18ft Promaster Class B, discussed in more detail on the nearby Zion Link thread:
http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...link-4031.html
Old 09-17-2016, 09:27 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
I thought the aisle shower in the Chevy used a lowered floor section of some kind, maybe not easy to do with the Promaster floor??
The Chevies and the Dodges used the lowered floor, which did make the aisle shower easier because they could build the drain slope into the fiberglass floor. It would require a shower pan, I think, like Pleasure-way did on their aisle shower units. It was just set over a drain in the floor when needed.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The Chevies and the Dodges used the lowered floor, which did make the aisle shower easier because they could build the drain slope into the fiberglass floor. It would require a shower pan, I think, like Pleasure-way did on their aisle shower units. It was just set over a drain in the floor when needed.
The XP Camper V1 pop up flatbed camper uses a similar setup wet bath with the cassette toilet and shower drain under a counter top with a shower curtain suspended from the ceiling. Very compact but just hope you don't need the toilet in the middle of preparing dinner on the counter...

SEMA NEWS: UJOR V4- The Adventure Van of Your Dreams - EXPLORING ELEMENTS
Old 01-19-2017, 05:08 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Did Roadtrek show an MSRP price for the Simplicity SRT? The current Zion SRT lists for about 5% less than a full length Zion. If a similar differential applies then perhaps the Simplicity SRT would list for around $76k.
Looks like the final price on that Simplicity SRT ended up significantly lower at $70,793 base MSRP. That's a 14% drop from the full length Simplicity and also below the previous Ranger RT entry level model.

So perhaps Mike Snell is justified in calling it a new entry level price point.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:29 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Looks like the final price on that Simplicity SRT ended up significantly lower at $70,793 base MSRP. That's a 14% drop from the full length Simplicity and also below the previous Ranger RT entry level model.

So perhaps Mike Snell is justified in calling it a new entry level price point.
Too bad Roadtreks can't be purchased at 18-20% off MSRP like Winnebagos can. That MSRP puts the Simplicity in price competition with the Travato and makes it appear significantly cheaper when MSRPs are being compared.
B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit View Post
Too bad Roadtreks can't be purchased at 18-20% off MSRP like Winnebagos can. That MSRP puts the Simplicity in price competition with the Travato and makes it appear significantly cheaper when MSRPs are being compared.

I got on the high side of that discount on a 2017 Agile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit View Post
With the exception of the Simplicity, 15% is pretty much pro forma for a RT. Between 15-20% you'll have to do some homework for it. WGO seems closer to 25%.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:04 AM   #31
Platinum Member

The Simplicity is appallingly shoddy construction. I was quite disappointed in the one I saw at Hershey. Even with it's low price, it is no value when compared to something like a Travato.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:11 AM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
The Simplicity is appallingly shoddy construction. I was quite disappointed in the one I saw at Hershey
I assume the Simplicity SRT displayed at Hershey was also the initial prototype unit introduced at the Elkhart RV industry show the following week.

Has anyone examined, or even purchased, one of the production run Simplicity models? Did the build quality improve at all?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:47 AM   #33
BBQ
Platinum Member

I looked at the Simplicity SRT yesterday.

I am disappointed.

The cabinets are made out of paper-like cheap light weight material.
Everything has a cheap and flimsy feel to it.

RUN.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:56 AM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

I looked at the Simplicity SRT yesterday.

I am disappointed.

The cabinets are made out of paper-like cheap light weight material.
Everything has a cheap and flimsy feel to it.

RUN.
It's almost like Hymer wants Hammill to run the Roadtrek brand into the ground.
B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:04 AM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
I assume the Simplicity SRT displayed at Hershey was also the initial prototype unit introduced at the Elkhart RV industry show the following week.

Has anyone examined, or even purchased, one of the production run Simplicity models? Did the build quality improve at all?
I wouldn't think that this is the prototype. They have been available at dealers for some months now. I looked at one at La Mesa here in AZ in October. It seemed to be the same cherry cabinetry that they have been using for some time with the same ugly gold speckled interior cabinets that I have in my 170. The only obvious difference was that it didn't have solid wood doors on the cabinets.

But it is the same cabinet frames... the cheap looking veneer that they have been using on most of their rigs for some time now. I've never liked how the wood doors look rather nice, but never quite match the color of the thin veneer on the frames... very obvious on the white, cherry and bamboo color options... the dark gray giving the best match.

BTW... this was all true long before Hymer came on the scene. This is more the result of the investment company that owned them prior.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #36
Bronze Member

I bought a 2016 Simplicity in December. Construction wise I was not impressed and have been slowly going through it. I had to tighten many loose screws, put one back in (holding up part of a cabinet), make cabinet adjustment, fix rattling of doors and stainless steel. Other things on list of to do's. All minor, but annoying. This is our first RV. Purchased as wanted new, did not need many of the upgrades on more expensive models, and knew I would tweak along the way and it fit our needs (passengers up to five, sleeps 3). $70,000 new. Looking at what Hymer offers in Europe, I would find it hard to believe that the Roadtrek name will last much longer and all will meld into Hymer as a rebrand opportunity.
aturner1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:51 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Why not keep the Roadtrek name... and upgrade their quality control... and materials as needed.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #38
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Why not keep the Roadtrek name... and upgrade their quality control... and materials as needed.
And then change the name, otherwise the Hymer name is being................

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote