Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek SS Agile 2018 Water Leak

Turning on the water pump starts fresh water flowing out a white tube directed downward in the driver-side rear wheel well. It seems as if something has become disconnected. It seems to be coming from the direction of the Alde Diesel Water Heater.

I would call Roadtrek or La Mesa RV but neither are functional.
ajbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I know nothing about the Alde equipped rigs.

In the past, water coming out of a tube under the RV when the pump was turned on was often just a low point drain valve left open.

Hopefully you get it solved quickly.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #3

Thanks for your suggestion. I have checked the drain valves, and they appear to be closed.

A thread about five years ago found that the connections to the outdoor shower were leaking. Access to these are not straightforward, but I will attempt to check them.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbloom View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. I have checked the drain valves, and they appear to be closed.

A thread about five years ago found that the connections to the outdoor shower were leaking. Access to these are not straightforward, but I will attempt to check them.
The Alde does have freeze protection with a dump valve to dump water when the temperature gets cold enough. The dump valve needs to be reset manually when you get to warmer temps. Is is possible that this is what has happened?
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:37 PM   #5

Thanks! This is a possibility because the temperatures have barely reached freezing here recently. I will look at this tonight when I am home.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks! This is a possibility because the temperatures have barely reached freezing here recently. I will look at this tonight when I am home.
If you are on Facebook, joint the Roadtrek and Hymer Owners Group and the owners there will give you all the info you need on how to reset the Alde dump valve. Good group with lots of owners and no restrictions on discussing problems and issues with the vehicles, dealers, and the companies...
Old 02-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #7

Thanks again to gregmchugh and others. As suggested, the problem proved to be that the Alde automatic safety valve/drain needed resetting. This involved turning the valve on top clockwise (inline with the direction of flow) and then back counterclockwise (at a right angle to the direction of flow) and then pressing in the blue button at the bottom of the unit.

I also called Alde USA, and they were wonderful. Not only did they confirm the correct actions to take, but they reminded me that, despite the demise of Roadtrek, the Alde unit has a two-year warranty that will cover any needed repairs to their unit. A sterling example of corporate responsibility.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:19 AM   #8
Platinum Member

and
Quote:
Thanks again to gregmchugh and others. As suggested, the problem proved to be that the Alde automatic safety valve/drain needed resetting. This involved turning the valve on top clockwise (inline with the direction of flow) and then back counterclockwise (at a right angle to the direction of flow) and then pressing in the blue button at the bottom of the unit.

I also called Alde USA, and they were wonderful. Not only did they confirm the correct actions to take, but they reminded me that, despite the demise of Roadtrek, the Alde unit has a two-year warranty that will cover any needed repairs to their unit. A sterling example of corporate responsibility.
Alde US has always been getting good marks for customer support...
Old 03-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #9

We had the same situation with our RT. Turned out the frost valve had to be replaced. Not sure why it went bad. Doesn't it mostly just sit there? We were never in enough cold to trigger it.
Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #10
Bronze Member

The frost valve pops open around 38 degrees. Not knowing that I winterized my unit including the Alde hot water tank. The first cold day we had in Michigan the tank dumped it all out in the driveway. I had thought a line had burst. Thankfully it was only the frost valve and an easy reset. Now I know.
arvitrekking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:12 PM   #11

Cool Alde Freeze Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
The Alde does have freeze protection with a dump valve to dump water when the temperature gets cold enough. The dump valve needs to be reset manually when you get to warmer temps. Is is possible that this is what has happened?
I apologize in advance for this stupid question: exactly where is the freeze valve? I'm having the same issue and I would like to reset it. Thanks, Carolyn
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:34 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Default Alde Freeze Valve

Hi Carolyn,
The freeze valve is you SS Agile is in the cabinet with the Alde system. It is a black device bolted to the floor with a blue T shaped handle on top. On this device there is a blue button near the floor on one of the narrow sides. On my rig this button was had to reach due to the plumbing in there.
Pressing the blue button resets the freeze valve.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:16 PM   #13

Default Freeze Valve Location

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm wondering if the blue handle in the middle of the attached picture is what you are referring to. (I hope the picture is visible.) If so, it's really hard to see anything on the sides. I felt something way down at the bottom and gave it a click. Lord knows what I actually pressed! Please let me know your thoughts on this little blue handle.
Cheers,
Carolyn

/Users/cbmacmini/Desktop/water heating system_5794.jpg
Old 07-08-2021, 01:59 AM   #14
Bronze Member

I attached an illustration.

Your photo didn’t come through for some reason.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 913978B2-3EDF-4C8C-B09E-7F9681688C7A.jpeg (24.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-08-2021, 12:39 PM   #15

Default Thanks

Yes, that little blue handle at the top is what I was referring to. I wasn't able to see the button on the bottom because of all the "spaghetti" piping, but I imagine it is what I pressed. Today I will see if it actually worked. Thanks agin for your help. It is much appreciated.

Tags
fresh water leak, roadtrek agile