Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Roadtrek SS Agile power step coating peeling off off

We have a 2015 SS Agile Sprinter; the power step has a coating that is beginning to crack / peel. Picture attached; has anyone else dealt with this issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AF20A1FD-D5FB-4CBD-90E3-CBB84E248ADD.jpg (285.8 KB, 34 views)
sdunn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunn4 View Post
We have a 2015 SS Agile Sprinter; the power step has a coating that is beginning to crack / peel. Picture attached; has anyone else dealt with this issue?
With the likely unavailability of Roadtrek parts, I'd just reinforce the back side of the broken corner by gluing some kind of angle piece in there. Then re-glue the non-skid step tread where it is curling up. Should you ever want to replace the non-skid, it is easy to find in pads you can cut to size.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #3
Silver Member

Thanks RowieBowie,
The step itself is still in one piece and not cracked; the silver coating appears to be a molded plastic of some type (possibly sprayed on?). I was wondering about using some type of epoxy, but I like your idea of a small corner brace- just on the front side and not the back.
Steve
Old 08-11-2019, 03:32 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks RowieBowie,
The step itself is still in one piece and not cracked; the silver coating appears to be a molded plastic of some type (possibly sprayed on?). I was wondering about using some type of epoxy, but I like your idea of a small corner brace- just on the front side and not the back.
Steve
If there is a backing behind the crack, I suggest using GOOP to reattach it to the backing. I'm a big fan of GOOP. Clamp it in place and after a few minutes any excess that squeezes out will roll up by just rubbing your finger over it and not leave a trace. Same goes for the non-skid.

They make multiple versions (they all seem the same to me) but I get RV or Marine GOOP to ensure it is UV resistant.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-GOOP-...gateway&sr=8-7
Old 08-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #5
Silver Member

Great idea; thanks!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #6
Platinum Member

That picture looks just like the step on my 2013 RS did until I waited too long to reattach the flap either mechanically or with and adhesive. Now the flap has broken off. Probably resting on BLM land somewhere.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:04 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit View Post
That picture looks just like the step on my 2013 RS did until I waited too long to reattach the flap either mechanically or with and adhesive. Now the flap has broken off. Probably resting on BLM land somewhere.
Good "ounce of prevention" advice. That's why I carry Gorilla Tape until I can get back home for permanent repairs. So far, it's held together windshield weather-stripping and leading edge of a tank heater pad.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:16 AM   #8
Platinum Member

This is slightly off-topic, but on a fluke chance, I found this spray paint to be an exact match for my '2012 Airstream Avenue silver. It's for plastic or metal. Matched a new white porch light to my body color.

The cap is chrome looking, but shine/color isn't nearly like that. Just a nice bright silver and a perfect match (at least for me).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silver Paint Match.jpg (32.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-21-2019, 01:04 AM   #9

I had the same issue on our 2010 Agile. I ended up using some stainless bolts through the front of the step and some stainless screws and 3M 5200 marine adhesive on the sides. I’ll try and post pictures..
Blue Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:06 AM   #10
Silver Member

Thanks for the information! We’ve tried GOOP already with mixed success. The SS screws may be the answer.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:26 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Was in Lowe's yesterday and in the paint department i saw that they carried the step coating in various widths. it is exactly what is on our RT 210.
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #12
Silver Member

Thanks! On an 8-day trip through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia right now and about to eat some Digby scallops. The tread on our step is currently holding on okay with some “Goop” but I know it will eventually need replacing.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:17 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks! On an 8-day trip through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia right now and about to eat some Digby scallops. The tread on our step is currently holding on okay with some “Goop” but I know it will eventually need replacing.
Glad it hasn't interfered with your trip. Enjoy.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:16 PM   #14

i have a similar issue with my 2014 agile. The silver plastic (?) around the left side of the step appears to have expanded out and is rubbing against the fixed step towards the rear of the step. I think its something between the metal frame of the step and the silver cover that is actually pushing the plastic out. With that, there is a crack developing in the plastic.

I also have the sandpaper treads coming loose.

Goop is working well for the treads. Going to have to try to screw in the silver cover.
wantoworkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #15
Silver Member

Interesting that others have a similar issue! Seems as though the step itself could be replaced; have you contacted your RV dealer / Roadtrek about this issue? I know that Roadtrek is “no more”, but we still have 1 year left on the 5 year warranty and I’m interested in others’ experiences.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 06-30-2020, 09:18 PM   #16
Platinum Member

I have started to have issues with the plastic cover on the step on my 2015 Agile. A new cover is available through:

Mobilife RV Centre 4166 King St E Kitchener, ON N2P 2G5

Phone 519-653-5788* Fax 519-653-5885

roadtrekparts@mobilife.on.ca

1-800-563-4507

www.mobilifeRV.ca

The person I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable and a former Roadtrek employee.

Pat
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #17
Silver Member

Thanks for the contact information! I will reach out and appreciate your reply.

Steve