Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #341
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie14 View Post
A dealer in CA dropped his RT business because, not only did RT argue with him on all warranties, but was really, really slow to pay. RT begged them to stay, but no go.
just so you know. i found another zion owner with the exact configuration

the 4 of you ordered

total melt down that can't fix. roadtrek bringing it back to kitchen.

only Bobby was able to recover on his own

i'm beggining to think the special battery tire arrangement is the issue
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #342
Platinum Member

Here is my theory. Thus far we have one poster on Facebook whose Ecotrek seems to be working now - without having to drive to the factory. I was one of the very first to order it as my order was already in the queue and it was changed just days before production. Mine was delivered on Aug 19 - so that is less than two months.

I doubt that there are many purchasers of the systems who are not on their Facebook page. That was pretty much the only place to find out about it... since the dealers knew little or nothing about it. I expect that there are few, if any, purchasers who don't show up there... and read... and if they are having no problems with it, why would they not post to say that? RVers do like to brag about how great their purchase was.

There have been no happy posters bragging about how great it works. There have only been those of us whose systems haven't worked. Mine was very likely one of the first delivered... the first to fail... twice... and who has gone back to the devil she knows... AGMs.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #343
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
Bobby R. Jones says his Ecotrek batteries are working perfectly and have given him 5 hours of air conditioning. However his voltrek is not working.

however not everybody posts. ther are several owners that posted getting
i do not know the entire ecotrek purchaser population.
ecotrek and have not posted any complaints.

how are you finding out problematic for ALL. do you know info i don't. if you do tell me and i will check it out.

AND NO- i will not delete campskunk off your site-lol

there is no manual released that i know of

The user Connie on Facebook made a post when she bought her Ecotrek. No manual for her. Also, from what she says roadtrek did not include manuals for other things. If anyone is interested I copied her post from the RT facebook group and posted it below.

Connie Maalish I just picked up my new 170 today and there was nothing in the paperwork and the dealers don't know much either. Mine is pretty much the first ECOtrek that they have received. The service guy knows the E-Trek, but there are two new monitors that he knows nothing about and there is nothing in the manual or paperwork about any of it. There is also nothing for the radio/gps system so I haven't a clue what to do with that either.
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:03 AM   #344
Platinum Member

That's me... BTW... neither is my real name. LOL
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #345
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
That's me... BTW... neither is my real name. LOL
i think of you as Connie
Old 10-11-2015, 12:23 AM   #346
Platinum Member

I wonder how Roadtrek handles questions, either from prospective or current, owners, about all the problems if they ask about them at the California show they had the press release about.

Can't "banish" them there, I would think. It would be interesting to see how they would answer, if someone had information from the Facebook site.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:41 AM   #347
Platinum Member

LOL. They do what all salesmen do.

At Hershey, they were touting how wonderful their system is. Nobody knows more about Lithium than they do! Their "engineer" does work for Tesla, and you know how great they are!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:41 AM   #348
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I wonder how Roadtrek handles questions, either from prospective or current, owners, about all the problems if they ask about them at the California show they had the press release about.

Can't "banish" them there, I would think. It would be interesting to see how they would answer, if someone had information from the Facebook site.
since there are very few negative comments on that site i would say they get few questions about it.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:44 AM   #349
Platinum Member

Quote:
since there are very few negative comments on that site i would say they get few questions about it.
Or how about if they saw it here, then?
Old 10-11-2015, 12:50 AM   #350
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Or how about if they saw it here, then?
i hesitate to ask number of unique users here-lol
Old 10-11-2015, 01:13 AM   #351
Platinum Member

Quote:
i hesitate to ask number of unique users here-lol
I know that searches very often will go to here, so there may be many more casual visitors than one would believe, if they were searching based on things like Ecotrek and problems, etc. Most probably get some information about their questions and never post anything.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:07 AM   #352
Platinum Member

GerryM... you mentioned that we have another Ecotrek meltdown... (over on FB). Did that happen just today?
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #353
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
GerryM... you mentioned that we have another Ecotrek meltdown... (over on FB). Did that happen just today?
no but recently and not mentioned before
Old 10-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #354
Platinum Member

Have they released the units for sale at this point, or are they still holding them for upgrade and repair? From the bits and pieces, it sounds like they still don't have a good fix at this point.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out compared the etrek issues. There were numerous changes early on with the etrek, but it has taken years to get the battery balancer issue resolved, if they are now going to install them in the older units. The Ecotrek issues seem to be more severe in causing full shutdowns and not just low performance or shorter life, so I would expect the fixes to come much faster, and hopefully soon.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #355
Platinum Member

Yes, they are sending out new units with Ecotrek. Mine was delivered from the factory in August... with the Eco200. It worked fine for just over a week, then full electric system died. A week later they overnighted another battery and the system worked fine for just over a week... and completely died again. They offered another new lithium and I requested AGMs instead and they were installed on Oct 1. It was still working yesterday... haven't been out today.

A second rig from my dealer failed in about the same time span as mine. They took it the 1000 miles to the factory for repairs. Two units were caught while still at the dealers - one was eventually delivered and the second was refused and is going back to the factory. Now Gerry knows of one more but the details of that one haven't shown up on Facebook yet.

Thus far we have no word on how many, if any, have been sold and released without problems. No one has yet posted anywhere talking about how their system is doing just fine...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #356
Platinum Member

In the last month someone took possession of a 210 eco800. however i searched and cannot find the post. i did not note what the date was at the time

i have found no commentary on it one way or another
Old 05-09-2016, 03:02 AM   #357

Default EcoTrek battery issues

Apologies but did the battery issue(s) ever get resolved by roadtrek?
bigcabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:40 AM   #358
Platinum Member

Reports from recent deliveries on the Roadtrek Owners Group on Facebook indicate that the Ecotrek battery issues are resolved, it has been awhile since the last reported Ecotrek issue.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:15 AM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Reports from recent deliveries on the Roadtrek Owners Group on Facebook indicate that the Ecotrek battery issues are resolved, it has been awhile since the last reported Ecotrek issue.
Thank you for the good news. I had a similar issue as those listed here earlier. Mine occurred in feb of this year (2016). Similar resolutions were attempted without success. 2 days later I switched the 2 rocker switches back to the on position and the fan on the inverter just came on. Still no clue on what happened but I have not had the issue re-occur for almost 3 months now.
bigcabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:55 AM   #360
Platinum Member

Was it cold enough to have locked out and then warmed up?