Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #361

on 2/2/2016 the temp low was 28F and 48F and on 2/4/2016 when the unit turned back on was 41F low and 55F high.

on 2/2/2016 I took a look at the MPPT and all the LEDs were dark. The LCD Panel located in the back said Cell Voltage Severe Low.
The Roadtrek was connected to 30amp Shore Power.
The device in the very back of the Roadtrek that is mounted on the floor was where the beeping sound seemed to be originating from and the LCD panel is not functioning nor is the fan spinning.

I read that heat pads should keep the batteries warm.

If the battery issue was resolved is there a place I can find out what the resolution was without having to go to AGMs.

TIA.
bigcabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #362
Platinum Member

bigcabus,

What model van do you have?

What Ecotrek option?

What generator option?

When did you take delivery?

I don't think there are any Ecotrek vans delivered recently that do not include an AGM battery in the system. The box in the back is your inverter/battery charger and it handles battery charging when you are plugged in.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #363

Model 210p
Ecotrek800 option
Engine Generator
The system works fine right now but i'm trying to find info on what the fix was.
TIA.
bigcabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:19 PM   #364
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcabus View Post
Model 210p
Ecotrek800 option
Engine Generator
The system works fine right now but i'm trying to find info on what the fix was.
TIA.
When did you take delivery?

Only Roadtrek can provide info on the various changes they have made since the original roll out. You should contact them directly to get their recommendations on any upgrades you need to have done to get it up to date.

Based on the owner reports the added AGM battery may be needed to allow the battery heaters to reheat Ecotreks that are too cold to be brought online for charging. The AGM may also be needed for other types of charging to work in all cases.

The actual Ecotrek modules have gone through several version updates over time but Roadtrek discloses little info on the version changes and issues found.

If you are interested in connecting with a larger group of Ecotrek van owners they can be found on the Roadtrek Owners Group on Facebook, lots of good info from other owners there...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #365

Does anyone have a copy of the RoadTrek warranty on 2015 models (CS to be specific)?
Richman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:51 AM   #366
Platinum Member

If you bought it early in the year, it would be the old warranty, I got mine in August... received nothing in writing, but was told by the warranty department that I had the 6 year. It started in the summer of 2015.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:45 AM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richman47 View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the RoadTrek warranty on 2015 models (CS to be specific)?
The '15 CS owner's manual has warranty information on page 82.

You are being redirected...

You might also consider contacting the author of the Class B Warned blog as he has a 2015 and must have it committed to memory by now.

Part One – The Journey Begins – Class B Warned
Yodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #368
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodar View Post
The '15 CS owner's manual has warranty information on page 82.

You are being redirected...
Roadtrek is notorious for not updating any manuals included. My 2015 gives the old warranty information. But since it left the factory with the Lithiums (later removed), it was under the 6 year warranty as a few people at the warranty informed me.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:52 PM   #369

Default 3rd Owner?

Has anyone had any experience with transferring the 6 year RT warranty to a third owner?

Their last paragraph on their warranty webpage says "Roadtrek’s six year unlimited mileage/km Peace of Mind warranty is fully transferable from the first owner to the SECOND owner."

"You are being redirected...

My salesman phoned RT about to double check (as I'll be the second owner and am getting cold feet in case it's problematic) and they told him that the warranty goes with the coach and would be honored for the third owner. I'm unclear as to why it doesn't say that.
Yodar is offline   Reply With Quote