Old 08-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #21
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyde View Post
I have this issue and am doing the research to repair it.
Studing the side arms where the roller fits into the metal channels, I noticed that the wheel is attached to the side arm with an axle through the side arm, which is locked to the side arm with a C clip.
It would be unnecessary to detach the metal channel from the glass. Instead remove the C clip and move the arm away from the metal channel.
Does this make sense?
"I have this issue and am doing the research to repair it."

I don't understand what the issue is that you are trying to repair.

Bud

Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #22
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek window C clip

I am studying it from the inside, with the screen removed. From this vantage point the C clips can be seen, and there is quite a bit of room.

Also, I am thinking of attaching a bit of Gorilla tape to the top and bottom of that metal channel. The intent is to prevent the wheel from exiting the channel, when I do not want it to.

Boyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #23
Bronze Member

My major issue is the glass is separating from the hinge. A related issue is one of the side metal channels has separated from the glass. I have repaired (reattached) the metal channel to the glass with 3M VHB 4991 two sided tape.
Before attaching the channel to the glass, I was making sure I could remove the side arms without having to unglue the channels from the glass.

I have the glass secured to the upper portion of glass with Gorilla tape while i am getting ready (mentally confident)to do the repair.
Boyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #24
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyde View Post
My major issue is the glass is separating from the hinge. A related issue is one of the side metal channels has separated from the glass. I have repaired (reattached) the metal channel to the glass with 3M VHB 4991 two sided tape.
Before attaching the channel to the glass, I was making sure I could remove the side arms without having to unglue the channels from the glass.

I have the glass secured to the upper portion of glass with Gorilla tape while i am getting ready (mentally confident)to do the repair.
Understood I think and thanks.

If like mine, 'when' the the glass separates from the hinge it will slide right onto the ground! Or, you don't have to remove the anything including the 3M VHB tape. Not sure, but if the window is shut, it might stay in place - for awhile?

I used tinted plexiglass which matches the other side very well, was/am pleased with it. This:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enough for 2 attempts, first attempt was not satisfactory, second well done. Should last forever? given the Huge weight difference.

I suggest that you stop the other glass from sliding right through the slides now with something you can remove later.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:32 AM   #25
Silver Member

If you have e-rings on the actuator wheels, it would seem likely to me that someone has previously done the repair under the recall. The originals were riveted and you had to cut them off to repair the window. The recall kit came with e-rings.

michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote