Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2019, 01:14 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default RoadTrek Zion - Girard water heater - now giving an Error E7 code, three beeps

Has anyone ever experienced an E7 code? It shows the water flow, fan comes on, but then says E7. Simply cannot find any mention of this code online! (except in manual - where all it says is, issue with linear control valve)

It was working at the dealership (of course), and on a trip last week, but now several days later, E7. Tried resetting switch, battery disconnect on and off, still the same. Tried running water at full power too. [Edit - by "reset", I mean turning off and on at the exterior of the unit; I don't think Gen3 units had a reset switch the way Gen1 and Gen2 did? Looking at videos of people resetting those, the layout seems completely different, unless I am missing such a reset switch!]

I tried tapping on the right side, but now I realize the valve, if stuck, is the one with two humps on the left side. BUT if it was a stuck valve, I believe I'd be getting an E1 code instead? I know from reading up on this heater that stuck propane valves seem to be an issue, so I am hopeful that is my issue even though I am getting E7.

I am not even sure what the linear control valve is... I assume it's the propane valve? Or water flow?

Anyway, just putting this out there, in the hopes someone else has had this issue. Otherwise, I am going to see if I can call Girard and/or find a tech. At this point, might just consider replacing the whole unit, and if not that, then getting a separate mobile hot shower with its own small propane canister. Kind of defeats the purpose of NOT going the self-built/custom van route then, which I considering doing...
HitchNride is offline   Reply With Quote