Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #261
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Keep in mind, if you are only looking at pictures, the distances can look deceiving. Often they are shot with a wide angle lens. Some vans look like the seat is right against a bulkhead, but there is still adequate travel for a tall driver to adjust his seat.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #262
Platinum Member

if anybody's interested-the zion came in but did not have 2 of my options-leather option and screen option-it also has what i think is a water stain-it will probably have to go back to the factory-wait,wait, wait.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:03 PM   #263
Platinum Member

Bummer! I know you have been waiting for a while for it to be done, hope it comes back soon all fixed and ready to go.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #264
Platinum Member

We were all set for reports of your adventures in the new rig. Hopefully it won't take too long.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #265
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
if anybody's interested-the zion came in but did not have 2 of my options-leather option and screen option-it also has what i think is a water stain-it will probably have to go back to the factory-wait,wait, wait.
Are you going to accept it the way it is? I know 2 others that have had to send or take their new RT's back to the factory to get major rework done....good luck!

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #266
Platinum Member

That is really a bummer

It had appeared that Roadtrek was getting most of their past quality issues behind them, but maybe not.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #267
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay
Quote:
Are you going to accept it the way it is? I know 2 others that have had to send or take their new RT's back to the factory to get major rework done....good luck!

i will not take it unless perfect as ordered-if it has to go back it will go back i had planned on this year being a get used to it year and have no actual plans.

However this is not major rework but i will not know until tuesday(monday canadian holiday}. i actually like the black but the wife wants-and she will get the leather-lol.

the other thing is other than my 2000 dollar deposit-i have no money arrangement hassles. i'm paying cash and will get a certified check when time comes. to me it will be no different than walking int a dealers lot in june and buying it-

we want the zion our way and that's what were gonna get. the dealer talked to his roadtrek rep on saturday at home. she said they will decide tuesday how they will get it fixed-the slideing screen door and the and the cushions can be switched out by dealer. I questioned the faux leather front seats at the time because i'm pretty sure i read somewhere promaster does not allow recovering because of the airbags. but it was listed as front seats and rear power couch. however since i ordered it in around feb 1 i've found whoever wrote the order forms used the ordering text from the other models- the zion does have 2 rear couches-one powered one not. there are several areas where the zion is not properly worded

i will not take a formal delivery until things fixed-the dealer let me look at it on the weekend although insurance and such was not yet arranged-that was going to be next week-now it might be 3-4 weeks more
Old 05-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #268
Platinum Member

I'm gonna separate this from my other post.

what i did get to see of my zion-i did not turn it on or use any systems-i don't own it yet.

I loved it. i opened every drawer-i found screws to move out kick plateer panel under the couch and found how the fixed bed side extends-awsome.

if this van actually works to it's specs it will be great-if with new model is the thing.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:27 PM   #269
Platinum Member

Quote:
i found screws to move out kick plateer panel under the couch and found how the fixed bed side extends-awsome.
Could you explain this comment? Not sure what a "kick plateer panel" would be. (typo?)

I hope to be seeing Lake Region's new Zion tomorrow, if they still have it.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:17 AM   #270
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin
Quote:
i found screws to move out kick plateer panel under the couch and found how the fixed bed side extends-awsome.
Could you explain this comment? Not sure what a "kick plateer panel" would be. (typo?)

I hope to be seeing Lake Region's new Zion tomorrow, if they still have it.

i meant kick plate under the couch. even though there are 2 drawers there are 2 screws to pull this kick plate out. more odd storage
Old 05-18-2015, 02:21 AM   #271
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay
Quote:

i will not take it unless perfect as ordered-if it has to go back it will go back i had planned on this year being a get used to it year and have no actual plans.

However this is not major rework but i will not know until tuesday(monday canadian holiday}. i actually like the black but the wife wants-and she will get the leather-lol.

the other thing is other than my 2000 dollar deposit-i have no money arrangement hassles. i'm paying cash and will get a certified check when time comes. to me it will be no different than walking int a dealers lot in june and buying it-

we want the zion our way and that's what were gonna get. the dealer talked to his roadtrek rep on saturday at home. she said they will decide tuesday how they will get it fixed-the slideing screen door and the and the cushions can be switched out by dealer. I questioned the faux leather front seats at the time because i'm pretty sure i read somewhere promaster does not allow recovering because of the airbags. but it was listed as front seats and rear power couch. however since i ordered it in around feb 1 i've found whoever wrote the order forms used the ordering text from the other models- the zion does have 2 rear couches-one powered one not. there are several areas where the zion is not properly worded

i will not take a formal delivery until things fixed-the dealer let me look at it on the weekend although insurance and such was not yet arranged-that was going to be next week-now it might be 3-4 weeks more
Glad you've decided to stick to your guns

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #272
Platinum Member

Too bad about the issues. Sounds like the order-taker screwed up big time.

I think if it's just the rear cushions and the screen door, they will send the parts to your dealer and he will put them in. I expect the answer on the front seats will be that they are sorry and misrepresented what is offered. I've yet to see a promaster with anything other than the standard cloth due to the built-in airbags.

I hope they don't have to drive your new van back to the factory and then return it to you. That would be 3-4,000 extra miles right? I'd expect a substantial discount if that were going to be the case.

If they are going to get the parts and install them, then go ahead and take delivery of your van with a promise note to install stuff when it comes in. It could be weeks or even months otherwise. Good luck!
Old 05-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #273
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
Too bad about the issues. Sounds like the order-taker screwed up big time.

I think if it's just the rear cushions and the screen door, they will send the parts to your dealer and he will put them in. I expect the answer on the front seats will be that they are sorry and misrepresented what is offered. I've yet to see a promaster with anything other than the standard cloth due to the built-in airbags.

I hope they don't have to drive your new van back to the factory and then return it to you. That would be 3-4,000 extra miles right? I'd expect a substantial discount if that were going to be the case.

If they are going to get the parts and install them, then go ahead and take delivery of your van with a promise note to install stuff when it comes in. It could be weeks or even months otherwise. Good luck!
mileage wise about 500 miles to kitchener from my dealer-canada is in holiday today-so i won't find out deal until tes/wednesday
Old 05-19-2015, 04:05 PM   #274
Platinum Member

Update on zion situation.

I want to be fair to roadtrek-some of this is miscommunication on my part and assumptions on a new model. some of this is bad communications on roadtrek part.

at the beginning of february when i ordered the zions stuff was not totally finalized. the leather package was implied to us(maybe inferred by us) that the leather package would be ivory/cream like many of their other models. it turns out the leather package that finally was decided on was Halo(ebony). since we had already placed our order i never questioned it.

turns out if the leather had been installed it would be black-not a color upgrade for the wife(i liked the black myself) hope the wife does not see this.
so i will get a credit on my bill for the leather.

the screen package is on back order from the people who make the screen door-to bad nobody at roadtrek thought to tell us.

i'm not sure how this is going to turn out exactly but i wanted to be fair to roadtrek
Old 05-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #275
Platinum Member

Well, if they are going to give you a credit for the leather, you could just take those cushions to an upholstery shop and have them recovered. It shouldn't be a big deal really, and you could get any color or finish of leather you like.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:34 PM   #276
Platinum Member

Since you have yet to pay for this van you may want to consider a Travato. La Mesa RV has them advertised for $59k. Just thought I would throw that out there. I don't have a Travato but if I weren't building my own Promaster RV that's what I would buy.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #277
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostalli
Since you have yet to pay for this van you may want to consider a Travato. La Mesa RV has them advertised for $59k. Just thought I would throw that out there. I don't have a Travato but if I weren't building my own Promaster RV that's what I would buy.
i have looked at the travato. if i got one it would be the 59k. however the engine genrator option is only available from roadtrek-but i do like the 59k.

that would be my second choice-but nevertheless 2nd choice.

i would not consider the 59g
Old 05-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #278
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
Well, if they are going to give you a credit for the leather, you could just take those cushions to an upholstery shop and have them recovered. It shouldn't be a big deal really, and you could get any color or finish of leather you like.

you are correct-but as i've stated it's the wife that wanted the different color. since she won't read this-l LOVE the black cloth color. but have to please
the wife. i hope she does not think about the private route-lol

however the back-ordered screen is a bummer-why did't they just tell me -would have saved a lot of post typing
Old 05-19-2015, 06:47 PM   #279
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostalli
Actually, they have a couple used (2014) ones for $59k. Here's a link: http://www.lamesarv.com/2014-Winnebago-TRAVATO-FTW70217
Their new 2015's are going for $67k, which is still a pretty good price.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #280
Platinum Member

fellas-in all honesty-the price differential is secondary