Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Rollin' On TV Show visits Pleasure-Way Industries

Rollin' On TV Show visits Pleasure-Way Industries

[youtube:1hypgy8x]vSb3fX0E55M[/youtube:1hypgy8x]
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #2

Default Re: Rollin' On TV Show visits Pleasure-Way Industries

I wonder what they have planned for the Louisville Rv show. Perhaps they have built a new model on the Promaster chassis.
arvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Dean did a great job in the video The focus of the video is more on the B+ Pursuit and some info on the Sprinter and just a bit on the Chevy. It is interesting to see the factory in operation and learn that they fabricate all the fiberglass in house. I think they said 10 hrs per coach polishing the Corian!

It will be nice to another builder produce a B van on the ProMaster chassis. And, we still have the Ford Transit conversions to look forward to seeing maybe next year.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I watched the vid, but didn't see where they were using the ProMaster, but maybe I missed it. I did see the part about the announcement this December, so perhaps that is it.

Watching the video, it was interesting how they make two vans a day. Definitely not mass production. It was also reassuring to see small details in construction, and especially that the rigs were shipped on flatbeds as opposed to other MH brands which might pay a driver to drive it to a dealer with a vehicle in tow for the return trip (which violates Mercedes no-tow guidelines for the first 5000 miles.)

I have a feeling that most "B" makers are holding back on builds on anything other than Sprinters until the Transit is in full production, to see how it compares. However, European RV makers overwhelmingly choose the Ducato platform as their chassis of choice, although with the lack of weight and length restrictions in the US, a longer Transit might be the platform of choice here.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote