Old 07-12-2018, 03:07 AM   #1
jon
Platinum Member

Default Roof top air conditioner efficient enough to run from alternator/inverter.

I hope I said that right. I just ordered a Transit to be converted into our next RV and we seem to do a lot of traveling and weekend camping so I won't have a large lithium battery bank. Probably 300ah. I can't remember how may amps my Sprinter 220 amp alternator supplies to the house batteries, but I don't think it's enough to keep up with a standard 13000 BTU typical RV roof air conditioner.
I want to get a Kingtec 12 volt rooftop AC (like the one Outside Van installs) but I can't find any reviews and I don't trust their claim of 13000 BTUs with only 45 amps at 12v. does anyone have any info?
Thanks,
Jon

jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Default ARV

Another option would be to investigate the efficient A/C that Advanced RV installs on their vans (they'll also apparently retrofit it on other brands). I believe the unit is mfg. in Australia.

https://advanced-rv.com/quiet-air-co...tall-retrofit/

dhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #3
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuff View Post
Another option would be to investigate the efficient A/C that Advanced RV installs on their vans (they'll also apparently retrofit it on other brands). I believe the unit is mfg. in Australia.
Thanks. I've looked into that also, but I don't really want to take my van up to Ohio for a couple days. I might just have wiring that'll support up to 80 amps pre-wired to a vent for now. That way I can choose whatever later on.
jon is offline   Reply With Quote