Old 10-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default RT Zion side sofa vs rear elec sofa.

Are there any Zion owners on here,that can offer ideas re their storage on the side sofa vs electric across the back, just wondering where you store lawn chairs grill etc without either having them in the aisle or in a pod on the back bumper. It makes me think the cross the back sofa with under neath storage may be more practical. Although I do see benefits to the open aisle if you need to transport lengthy items. Just curious how you are handling these items.

Cheers,
Scroller.:

scroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

i have the side sofa. i put 37 inch folding chairs standing up in the hanging coat closet.

we found a coleman stove that is 6 inches and fits the overhead compartment over the drivers.

we really like the side couch and the permanent bed side-which my wife uses and always keeps made up.

many times we also enter from the back.

however every thing you said is correct-with the side sofa you need to make some size allowances

gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:24 PM   #3
Platinum Member

If they do the power sofa like they did on the Chevies, I wouldn't count on getting much storage under it. The supports were placed in places that made the horribly in the way, breaking up the already limited space. A low hanging crossbar also made is so you couldn't get anything past it, even though the rest of the area was higher.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:05 AM   #4
Silver Member

Default Under sofa storage!

Thanks for the response! In our prev 210 we were able to store two lawn chairs a Coleman stove. As well as a small gas bbq. Perhaps the under brackets were wider on that model than the reg chevy sofa! Just our experience in the past. We had the spare on the outside carrier. I have not seen the Zion with the spare except on video under the sofa. Not sure why they are not showing the continental kit.?
Old 10-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Zion with engine generator has tire under the van
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:45 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroller View Post
Thanks for the response! In our prev 210 we were able to store two lawn chairs a Coleman stove. As well as a small gas bbq. Perhaps the under brackets were wider on that model than the reg chevy sofa! Just our experience in the past. We had the spare on the outside carrier. I have not seen the Zion with the spare except on video under the sofa. Not sure why they are not showing the continental kit.?
The 210 may have had more room as it is wider. I just looked at some pix of new ones, and they appear to be a bit different than ours was, especially the center cross bar that on ours was actually offset down a couple of inches, and the new ones look flat across even with the bottom of the sofa. The lowered bar also had the awning parts velcroed on it, so they were also in the way, and the jack was right against the R/H support for the sofa, on the inside, right inside the door, so it was in the way and taking up 6-8 inches of the space between the support. On the models with no tire on the rear, the spare would just fit in, and the spare is about 31" diameter and 9" wide.

Hopefully, they have changed them since our 07, as they did get a bunch of complaints about them.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:13 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Under my 170 sofa there might only be space for very small folding chairs. It is very restricted. We need to find someone with a across the rear sofa in a Zion so that they can measure for you.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #8
Silver Member

Having the spare under the body would certainly be the optimum ,I prefer seeing the access to the rear doors freed up . Also much easier to clean ,it,s my understanding the one at the local dealer has the onan genny so that leaves out that option. Thanks for the feedback , scroller.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:26 PM   #9

is there room under the rear elec sofa for a bag of golf clubs?
Jujupang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #10
Silver Member

I have an appointment with the Dealer on Friday morning and will get some measurements of the storage area under the elec sofa for anyone interested and will post the results. I hope to also be able to go for a test drive at the same time .