Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2009, 05:35 AM   #1

Default RV insurance

SInce my van build is progressing (albeit slower than I would like) we are reassessing our insurance needs. The gal at Progressive told us that once we add plumbing and cooking capabilities to the van, it then requires RV insurance. We're getting quotes to see how that would change the rates...and looking at other insurance companies.

Anyone know the best way to insure our rig? And not cost a fortune? How will that change our rates?

My RV to date: '03 Chevy Astro w/ NP233C 4x4 electronic shift transfer case, 4-5" Overlandvans lift kit, 4:10's w/ Eaton posi, Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks w/ in-dash remote & onboard air compressor, 255 70R16 AT's, GTRV pop top w/ sleeper, Carefree Awning, Guacho couch, Coleman Fridge, and tons of Thule

Thanks for any help.
2k3 Chevy Astro AWD, Overlandvans 4-5" lift, 4:10's w/ Eaton posi in rear, NP233c 4x4 2spd Hi Lo transfercase, 255/70 16 ATs, GTRV Pop Top w/ sleeper bunk, Gaucho coach, Coleman Fridge, and tons of Thule
T.Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: RV insurance

In my experience (BC, Canada), it is much cheaper to insure a vehicle as an RV than a regular passenger vehicle.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote