Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default RVX Salt Lake City Utah

We may want to keep our eyes open on this event. It is shaping up to be full of new introductions

RESTON, Va., Jan. 30, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- With nearly two months to go before the RV industry’s first ever dealer sales and market development event called “RVX,” manufacturer exhibit space is now sold out. Owned and produced by the RV Industry Association, RVX will take place March 12th - 14th at the Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, UT.

More Details

Leisure Travel

RVX in Salt Lake City on March 13

????

Fit RV for Winnebago

WHEN: Tuesday March 12th at 4pm MDT

There’s something else being revealed that Winnebago hasn’t mentioned AT ALL ANYWHERE yet. It’s something that’s going to affect me and James and THAT’S the big announcement that is coming that they won’t let me tell you about yet

RV Geeks for Newmar

Newmar new Super C Super Star

ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Looking forward to reports from this show. After the Roadtrek debacle, I'm ready for some good news.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:32 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Winnebago and Mercedes RVX Introduction

Related to the Tuesday Winnebago announcement at RVX they have teased that it's a joint introduction with Mercedes for new Class B and Class C units, presumably on the new Mercedes V30 Sprinter chassis:
"Next week we reveal the new Class B and Class C vehicles at RVX!"

"Winnebago and Mercedes have come together to make a splash at RVX this year. On March 12, Winnebago will unveil two never-before-seen vehicles designed with the latest technology and comfort in mind. The two newest additions to the Winnebago line combine new Mercedes technology with the new heritage of innovation, leading to an unrivaled ride."
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
Related to the Tuesday Winnebago announcement at RVX they have teased that it's a joint introduction with Mercedes for new Class B and Class C units, presumably on the new Mercedes V30 Sprinter chassis:
"Next week we reveal the new Class B and Class C vehicles at RVX!"

"Winnebago and Mercedes have come together to make a splash at RVX this year. On March 12, Winnebago will unveil two never-before-seen vehicles designed with the latest technology and comfort in mind. The two newest additions to the Winnebago line combine new Mercedes technology with the new heritage of innovation, leading to an unrivaled ride."
A replacement for the ERA which is shown as not being in production on the Winnebago website?
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
A replacement for the ERA which is shown as not being in production on the Winnebago website?
Good catch - very very plausible.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
Platinum Member

LTV is teasing a new Unity model on the new Sprinter to be debuted at the show. I suspect that this is the one that the Wendlands will drive off in...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
LTV is teasing a new Unity model on the new Sprinter to be debuted at the show. I suspect that this is the one that the Wendlands will drive off in...
Yes, I think he will be taking it after the show, at least he said he was going to be getting an LTV on the new model Sprinter after he returns the Wonder at the show...
Old 03-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #8
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Gosh, seems like the last time the wendlands did that, the rv was Not ready for prime time.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Default LTV - No Compressor Fridge

It appears based on the external LTV pictures, they will not be moving to compressor-only fridges.

Is the general consensus that LP fridges will be with us for a much longer time?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
It appears based on the external LTV pictures, they will not be moving to compressor-only fridges.

Is the general consensus that LP fridges will be with us for a much longer time?

I don't think that the gas frigs will go away, but they will get to be more niche like compressor frigs were for quite a while.

The compressor frig, inductive cooktop, electric water heater, and other high energy use things will likely stay popular, but I would also expect a there will be a "backlash" market of low electricity use vans near the lower end, but with small lithium packs, solar, and a moderate to small sized engine generator. LP for cooking, heating, water heating, frig,no generator. Biggest power use likley being device charging type stuff. Such a van could be very reliable, light, and able to stay off grid a long time without engine running or genny. We see that now in older vans that use tiny amounts of power daily and can easily survive on a couple of batteries and solar.

A basic, low option, Promaster built this way could be very reasonably priced but still have very good reliability and off grid use.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Gosh, seems like the last time the wendlands did that, the rv was Not ready for prime time.

Bud
How so, they have been pretty positive about the LTV Wonder that they have been using...

Or do you mean the last Roadtrek they had? They had a pretty standard Roadtrek as the last one they had and no real issues with it as I recall.

Some of the earlier Roadtreks they had with lots of prototype electrical stuff were not too reliable it seems, which wasn’t something they talked about at the time...
Old 03-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post

LTV keeps their units pretty low tech in order to make them more trouble free and with limited battery and solar they will stick with the propane refrigerators to allow reasonable boondocking time. Small inverters and small battery banks result in running the generator more often to use the AC and microwave. Many of their customers probably go from RV park to RV park and plug in most of the time. As I understand it, LTV doesn’t even install AGM batteries, they still use wet cell which seems counterintuitive with making them trouble free. Adding water to the wet cells would seem to be adding to the hassle of owning the RV rather than making it easy to use.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:33 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
LTV keeps their units pretty low tech in order to make them more trouble free and with limited battery and solar they will stick with the propane refrigerators to allow reasonable boondocking time. Small inverters and small battery banks result in running the generator more often to use the AC and microwave. Many of their customers probably go from RV park to RV park and plug in most of the time. As I understand it, LTV doesn’t even install AGM batteries, they still use wet cell which seems counterintuitive with making them trouble free. Adding water to the wet cells would seem to be adding to the hassle of owning the RV rather than making it easy to use.
I suspect we may see a new Class B+ from Winnebago this week. This is a great time for those looking for a next generation Sprinter RV.

Competition is always a good thing.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:48 PM   #14
Silver Member

I just saw a youtube of the new Unity corner bed model and it had a compressor fridge in it...and Dean made a comment that it was a test model.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue #10468 "Mister Motorhome"
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:48 PM   #15
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
How so, they have been pretty positive about the LTV Wonder that they have been using...

Or do you mean the last Roadtrek they had? They had a pretty standard Roadtrek as the last one they had and no real issues with it as I recall.

Some of the earlier Roadtreks they had with lots of prototype electrical stuff were not too reliable it seems, which wasn’t something they talked about at the time...
Feeling lazy here, so not trying to find the source. I was thinking they meant etrek concerning not ready for prime time.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Default Winnebago Boldt

https://rvdailyreport.com/industry/w...oducts-at-rvx/
Old 03-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisefx View Post

The competition is not standing still and the Boldt will be a nice replacement for the ERA lineup.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Looks like Lichtsinn's is getting ready to show the Boldt when allowed: https://www.lichtsinn.com/winnebago/winnebago-boldt (link doesn't work yet)

Quote:
Winnebago Boldt - Winnebago's newest Class B Campervan built on the brand-new Mercedes-Benz VS30 Sprinter Diesel Chassis
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:42 AM   #19
Platinum Member

Boldt: Designed for the nomadic spirit of camper van buyers, the Boldt is a 4-season coach intended for real world use – from exploring urban areas to nature’s hidden gems. Its extensive insulation, and cabinet construction combine to create a quiet and comfortable camper van. The Pure3 Advanced Energy system eliminates the traditional RV generator and gives owners the ability to power through the night without the use of shore power.

“The Boldt perfectly balances between sophistication and practicality,” said Product Manager Russ Garfin. “Our latest introduction to the B-van lineup is a quiet, comfortable camper van that can thrive in nearly any environment.”

The Boldt offers two floorplans, the 70KL and 70BL and is built on the new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Chassis which features a 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine, blind spot monitoring, active brake assist, rain sensor and auto-high beam assist.

View:
With new upscale details throughout, the No. 1 selling Class C diesel in North America offers the freedom to live large in a compact coach. Combining freedom with comfort, the View has been completely redesigned inside and out for an unparalleled C-class experience and features the all-new SuperShell Sleeper Deck that provides premium thermal and acoustic insulation, advanced Mercedes technology, new and upscale residential amenities, and numerous features to extend off-grid capability with industry leading holding tanks, standard 200-watt solar and a 2,000-watt inverter. The interior is filled with upscale interior and residential amenities - such as the innovative hybrid cooktop, lighted galley drawers and industry-leading sprung cushion dinette and sofa seats.

The View 24J and 24D will be on display at RVX. Both will showcase new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Chassis features such as brake assist, lane keeping assist, LED headlights and adaptive cruise control.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #20

The Boldt B layout might be similar to a Revel with north south beds, larger cargo area, bigger fridge, and microwave. The Fit Rv's next class B?
Gemlake is offline   Reply With Quote