Old 03-09-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default RVX Salt Lake City Utah

We may want to keep our eyes open on this event. It is shaping up to be full of new introductions

RESTON, Va., Jan. 30, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- With nearly two months to go before the RV industryís first ever dealer sales and market development event called ďRVX,Ē manufacturer exhibit space is now sold out. Owned and produced by the RV Industry Association, RVX will take place March 12th - 14th at the Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, UT.

More Details

Leisure Travel

RVX in Salt Lake City on March 13

????

Fit RV for Winnebago

WHEN: Tuesday March 12th at 4pm MDT

Thereís something else being revealed that Winnebago hasnít mentioned AT ALL ANYWHERE yet. Itís something thatís going to affect me and James and THATíS the big announcement that is coming that they wonít let me tell you about yet

RV Geeks for Newmar

Newmar new Super C Super Star

ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Looking forward to reports from this show. After the Roadtrek debacle, I'm ready for some good news.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:32 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Winnebago and Mercedes RVX Introduction

Related to the Tuesday Winnebago announcement at RVX they have teased that it's a joint introduction with Mercedes for new Class B and Class C units, presumably on the new Mercedes V30 Sprinter chassis:
"Next week we reveal the new Class B and Class C vehicles at RVX!"

"Winnebago and Mercedes have come together to make a splash at RVX this year. On March 12, Winnebago will unveil two never-before-seen vehicles designed with the latest technology and comfort in mind. The two newest additions to the Winnebago line combine new Mercedes technology with the new heritage of innovation, leading to an unrivaled ride."
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
Related to the Tuesday Winnebago announcement at RVX they have teased that it's a joint introduction with Mercedes for new Class B and Class C units, presumably on the new Mercedes V30 Sprinter chassis:
"Next week we reveal the new Class B and Class C vehicles at RVX!"

"Winnebago and Mercedes have come together to make a splash at RVX this year. On March 12, Winnebago will unveil two never-before-seen vehicles designed with the latest technology and comfort in mind. The two newest additions to the Winnebago line combine new Mercedes technology with the new heritage of innovation, leading to an unrivaled ride."
A replacement for the ERA which is shown as not being in production on the Winnebago website?
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
A replacement for the ERA which is shown as not being in production on the Winnebago website?
Good catch - very very plausible.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
Platinum Member

LTV is teasing a new Unity model on the new Sprinter to be debuted at the show. I suspect that this is the one that the Wendlands will drive off in...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
LTV is teasing a new Unity model on the new Sprinter to be debuted at the show. I suspect that this is the one that the Wendlands will drive off in...
Yes, I think he will be taking it after the show, at least he said he was going to be getting an LTV on the new model Sprinter after he returns the Wonder at the show...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #8
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Gosh, seems like the last time the wendlands did that, the rv was Not ready for prime time.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Default LTV - No Compressor Fridge

It appears based on the external LTV pictures, they will not be moving to compressor-only fridges.

Is the general consensus that LP fridges will be with us for a much longer time?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
It appears based on the external LTV pictures, they will not be moving to compressor-only fridges.

Is the general consensus that LP fridges will be with us for a much longer time?

I don't think that the gas frigs will go away, but they will get to be more niche like compressor frigs were for quite a while.

The compressor frig, inductive cooktop, electric water heater, and other high energy use things will likely stay popular, but I would also expect a there will be a "backlash" market of low electricity use vans near the lower end, but with small lithium packs, solar, and a moderate to small sized engine generator. LP for cooking, heating, water heating, frig,no generator. Biggest power use likley being device charging type stuff. Such a van could be very reliable, light, and able to stay off grid a long time without engine running or genny. We see that now in older vans that use tiny amounts of power daily and can easily survive on a couple of batteries and solar.

A basic, low option, Promaster built this way could be very reasonably priced but still have very good reliability and off grid use.

booster is offline   Reply With Quote