Old 09-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Oh, BTW, the restaurant that the couple ate at and which is mentioned in that news story, Casa Rio, is pretty good IMO, and extremely reasonable on the prices. It's traditional San Antonio "Mexican" food (but SAT puts its own spin on it). I like the Commerce Street tacos.

Edit: And another BTW, we always keep our IP camera streaming in urban environments such as what is discussed here. The topic is explained on pet-related threads, but video monitoring is useful for general security also, not just where pets are concerned.

Livestream screen grab example:

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #12
Bronze Member

We did public transportation in SAT as well as in San Fran, Oklahoma City, Boston, Las Vegas, Vancouver and Key West. If you are a "Senior", you can usually get a very good rate. Forget which city it was; but the campground host discouraged us from parking downtown due to breakins, especially in RVs. If you stand in one place long enough staring at a bus or train map; someone always seems to stop and help. It helps if you are in your 60's as well!
We also did the bus in Hawaii instead of doing Taxis.
Don't forget other forms of transportation such as Uber. More expensive than a bus or train; but you will enjoy yourself while sightseeing, instead of worrying about your home on wheels.

Hatteras Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I was in that area a couple weeks ago. I found decent surface parking behind the Convention Center/Grand Hilton, although it isn't overnight (closed 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM.) At the time, I had a garage-able vehicle, so I just hit the Riverbend garage for $10 a day, while people in the Hilton garage were paying 2-4 times that.

mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
riverwalk parking, san antonio