Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #1

Default Search for Class B RV

Hello everyone ! Am considering the purchase of a Class B 21' RV and the one that I believe would suit my purpose the most is the Gulfstream because it has a table, sofa and inside shower. Those items I consider important. Any comments please? Thank you.
chocolat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Forum member Bruce Campbell has a Gulfstream Class B. Hopefully he'll see this topic.

Gulfstream / Conquest has a variety of floorplans:

G24

G26

G28

G30

Which one are you most interested in?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #3

Actually, the one I prefer is only 21 feet long. That is what I am looking for. It has an indoor shower seperated from the toilet and you can also sleep two up over the driving area.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
Platinum Member

All of the floorplan images above are from their 21' 6" Class B built on the Sprinter chassis.

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.conquestmotorhomes.com/

Is the one you're thinking about on their site?
Old 11-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #5
Platinum Member

What you describe might be the Gulfstream Vista Cruiser Mini that is on a Sprinter platform only it is 25 feet long and is a Class C not a Class B.

This is the smallest I can find from them.

http://www.conquestmotorhomes.com/produ ... n4230.html
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:22 AM   #6

The Gulfstream I saw on internet was a 21', 1999 Gulfstream Yellowstone and as I am searching for a used RV, I checked everywhere to find the same thing but a couple years younger. Very hard to come by it seems. Thanks for helping out.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM   #7
Platinum Member

3 years ago, when I was looking for a Class B, I could find lots of 1995's & 1996's. 1999 to 2001 were hard to find.

I think the unit you're looking at is a Class C. From CRVA:

Class C Motorhome: sometimes referred to as a mini-motorhome, this unit is built on an automotive manufactured chassis with an attached van cab section.

The RV I have now is classified a B+ by the manufacturer. B+ isn't an "official" category. The floorplan you're looking at might be similar to mine:

Mine doesn't have overcab sleeping. I saw one 1999 21' Gulfstream Yellowstone on the web - I like the layout. It's hard to find a 21' Class C - all of the units are getting bigger.

Do you know how many miles are on the odometer? 1999 is not old but I'd probably budget for tires (if they're original). Brakes & shocks should be checked.

The unit I saw on the web looked like it had an oven, dry bathroom, large fridge - all very nice to have.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #8

It had approx. 70,000 miles on the odometer and I do not know if it had a large fridge but I believe it had an over. The kitchen galley was at the back, widthwise. I do like your layout very much. The only thing missing is the overcab bed. Otherwise, it is perfect. As you say, those layouts are very hard to find but I am not giving up. If it is life's will that I do get an RV one day, the exact one I'm looking for will pop up one day !!! Thanks so much for helping me like this.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I thought you were looking for such a model. I didn't realize you had already found a used one and wanted comments. If you are looking for an over the cab sleeping area design you are actually looking for a Class C RV and not a Class B. There are basically two that might have something similar. One is the Airstream Sprinter Westfalia (James Cook in Europe) no longer sold here other than used, or a Sportsmobile custom van with pop tops and overhead sleeping areas. But as I pointed out and you probably already knew, Gulfstream evidently no longer makes a short 21 foot C class RV.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #10

I did find one on internet but it has since been sold. And no, I did not know Gulfstream did not make the 21' any longer. Thank you for telling me. I guess the one and only solution I have is to constantly check on internet. I do look at some sites advertising RVs but I guess there must be many. I am not in a rush to find one since I do not intend travelling before summer or fall of 2008. Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate. God bless.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #11
Silver Member

It sounds like you have already found what you are looking for but if you have not, look at the Great West Vans, the Classic Supreme. It does have an overhead sleeping area, it is a class B. I just bought one. I think the overhead may only be good for sleeping kids. Does not feel like there is the height I would like for sleeping up there. I plan to try next summer though. There is only my wilfe and I so we will convert the dinnete to a bed at night.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:10 AM   #12

Thank you so very much Rick. No I have not yet found a Class B with overhead sleeping area. I am more than happy with your answer and will immediately visit via the Net the Great West Classic Supreme and will get back to you sometime this week.

Thanks so much and my very best wishes for a happy and peaceful 2008.