Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #1

Lightbulb Sewer Hose Temporary Fix?

Hey y'all! I have a 1993 Roadtrek 210 Popular. This weekend while dumping the black tank the hose broke in half and... you know what happened.

Initially I was thinking I needed to somehow take down the housing that holds the hose in order to get to where the hose connects to replace it. This is something I know that needs to be done but in the meantime... Does anyone see anything wrong with temporarily buying a sewer hose and just connecting it to the housing that comes to the drivers side?

Doing this will still have the original sewer hose (broken) in the housing and water still would flow but will flow through the housing to the attached hose. I see it might be a problem if the housing has any leaks. Any other suggestions or ideas on why this might not be a solution until I can replace the original hose?

Sorry for the long post. Just trying to be specific on my thoughts. Advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
snicker70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Replacement hoses aren't that expensive, but the easiest fix of course would be duct tape. Duct tape should be in every toolbox!

Your fix would work, and to connect the two I would suggest duct tape lol
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #3

Of course that would be the best thing. I know with the Roadtrek it's not the cost but the time. It isn't easy to do as it's attached on the other end of some sort of pipe/casing. I'll have to disassemble it to replace the hose. Thanks!
snicker70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fix, hose, replacement, roadtrek, sewer