Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Default Home Sewer Cleanout

By code there will be one somewhere. In Massachussets it was in basement. The main line out from the house will be below frostline and the clean out would normally be dry so not a freezing issue. It may be near a main vent stack which you should see on roof above where toilets are.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by engnrsrule View Post
By code there will be one somewhere. In Massachussets it was in basement. The main line out from the house will be below frostline and the clean out would normally be dry so not a freezing issue. It may be near a main vent stack which you should see on roof above where toilets are.

That probably explains it - I suspect mine is in the basement where it would not be too much use to me for dumping the tanks.

A direct connection would have been more convenient but I guess for the few times I am likely to use it my Blue Boy method will work ok!

Thx ........ Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:38 PM   #43

In Ontario, the cleanout is usually in the basement just above the basement floor at the bottom of the vertical "stack" that vents to the outside thru the roof. It has been there in the dozen or so houses that I've owned.
Billyboy46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:58 AM   #44
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Billyboy46;83980]In Ontario, the cleanout is usually in the basement just above the basement floor at the bottom of the vertical "stack" that vents to the outside thru the roof. It has been there in the dozen or so houses that I've owned.[/QUOTE
Thanks Bill - no wonder I couldn't find it outside - talked to my neighbour who is a real estate agen about the subject and he didn't know either!

Out of curiosity, I just took a look in our basement - which is mostly finished - and found that the "stack" comes down in one unfinished small room that was roughed in as a bathroom. We just use it as a storage room and my better half has so much stuff stacked in there it would take me an hour just to see the floor around the base of the stack!

Don't think I'll bother as it would be of little use to me without some major plumbing work for dumping the black tank in that location! - not even a basement window in that room!

I think my Blue Boy will do me for the little use I will make of it! If not, at least now I know where to look - thanks!

Brian.

PS where in Ontario? We are in Burlington.

Brian.

PS - where in Ontario? We are in Burlington.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote