Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Shocks for Che 3500 chassis

Over the years I have used Bilsteins for years on cars. I am in a situation where ordering Bilsteins and finding a place to install them is not practical as I am 3,000 miles from home base. Roadtrek is getting bouncy, bouncy.
My question: Go to Chevy and have OEMs installed or go to a place like Monroe and have aftermarket shocks installed.

Thoughts or input?

Thanks,
John
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFry View Post
Over the years I have used Bilsteins for years on cars. I am in a situation where ordering Bilsteins and finding a place to install them is not practical as I am 3,000 miles from home base. Roadtrek is getting bouncy, bouncy.
My question: Go to Chevy and have OEMs installed or go to a place like Monroe and have aftermarket shocks installed.

Thoughts or input?

Thanks,
John
Depending on the year, Bilsteins are also readily available in a short time, so that may be an option. If not, find a cheap shop that will put in some KYBs. They are firm and cheap, by comparison to Bilsteins, but won't give the smoother ride of Bilsteins. The cost will be in the 1/4-1/3 cost most places.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Follow up in shocks

Found Bilsteins in Tucson, $89/ea. $200 for install. Unfortunately, the place I purchased them from dod not have the lift capacity or headroom to install them. They were able to find a garage for me so it came out fine.

Certainly happy I did not compromise!
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:36 AM   #4
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFry View Post
Found Bilsteins in Tucson, $89/ea. $200 for install. Unfortunately, the place I purchased them from dod not have the lift capacity or headroom to install them. They were able to find a garage for me so it came out fine.

Certainly happy I did not compromise!

+1