Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2018, 08:01 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Plans are now in the hands of Advanced RV to see if feasible. .... We did a one day mockup in a stripped cargo van after Advanced Fest but that was tape on the floor and a few constructs to get a visual look. I needed that to get my wife on board. She was skeptical and didn't want to give a lot of things up. ...
I'm having same problem trying to convince my DW that we could live in a shorter Sprinter for our travels. It's good to see these are becoming more common now.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:32 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I'm having same problem trying to convince my DW that we could live in a shorter Sprinter for our travels. It's good to see these are becoming more common now.
Now that we have been using the 144 length Sprinter for a couple years I find it to work..OK. Not real comfortable for 2 but for 1 it is great. No comfort comparison to the 25' trailer but that is as expected. My issue is the rear. Too much dead space and I find upper cabinets to be confining. An elevated bed with space beneath might be better for us but the rear doors make that format seem inefficient. I just never liked the look and feel of the B's with this format when their big doors are open. I am looking more at the small euro C's like the (sorry to keep using Hymer examples, but I am beginning to see why they are so popular in Europe):

https://www.hymer.com/en/models/moto...ighlights.html

It would be interesting to see how a prototype made for North America would turn out. Can solar and AC work well with this format? Does the lack of rear visibility from the driver's seat ruin the benefit of the short chassis when parking?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #43
Bronze Member

After several months of researching varied models and chassis, in early May we bought a 2017 Pleasure Way Ascent with 14,000 miles on it. What I like is the ability to drive it in the city or the woods. It doesn't present the worry's of larger RVs in parking, maneuvering, or just ease of driving. We're not so much campers as we are travelers. We'll sleep in the RV often but also use resorts or glamping to offset the time not in the RV while on long trips. The PW conversion is top notch, and the interior fit and finish are excellent. However, the exterior fiberglass work could be better. I like the Mercedes Blue Tec engine although I was hesitant before purchasing wondering if it had enough power. So far that's not been a problem. I'd like the Dometic Roof Top AC to have a much slower fan speed as we think its too much noise even at low speed. Storage is an issue with our goals of traveling for 90 days at a time. We're thinking about a hitch storage box to solve that problem vs. getting a larger RV. We leave next week and go until September. Overall, we feel good about our decision. I'll know by the end of summer!!
floydj@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote