Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #21
Platinum Member

I love the romantic rear views InterBlog demonstrates. However, any time your rear doors can be wide open you can also be outside, stationed for a view in any direction. When I need to batten down the hatches due to rain, dew, cold, bugs, or campfire smoke, the rear bath leaves the cabin of my Travato 59K wide open. We have a rather panoramic view even when closed up. And the open cabin leaves lots of free room behind the galley to reduce scooching when someone is busy there.

Other reasons I like the rear bath are easy cleaning and wet access-- wet shoes, direct garden hose to prefill the black tank, etc--and the bath is large enough to act as a comfortable private dressing room. Nice for a quick change into a swim suit in a parking lot. I would miss not having any rear doors at all, but maybe those layouts have other advantages. And I have to admit I have had juvenile fun weeing to a beautiful view with the back doors open .
Saldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saldar View Post
I love the romantic rear views InterBlog demonstrates. However, any time your rear doors can be wide open you can also be outside, stationed for a view in any direction.
Well, our Legend came with a very nice and effective zippered screen on the back. It is very pleasant on bug-infested evenings. And, on mild nights, it is almost like sleeping under the stars.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote