Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Sold prices - small motorhomes from PPL

This links takes you to PPL Motorhomes listing of sold units. I used tiny url to make the link much shorter.

https://tinyurl.com/ybvg9nuj

I sorted it by most recent sale. I limited it to 25' long to exclude a lot of Class C's. There are many Class B's in the list.

It is interesting to see the sold prices. Make sure to notice the date sold combined with the model year of the RV to get an accurate idea of prices.

Edit: added Pleasure Way to the list. If you add both Pleasure Way and Pleasure-Way they both disappear.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

markopolo, thanks! I have had two transactions with PPL in the past and find their prices to be a great indicator of the "willing buyer and willing seller" market price. You have to keep in mind that the seller will receive 10% (PPL commission) less than the rig sells for, or at least that was my experience a few years ago. I also have found their rating "excellent" "very good" "good" etc. to be pretty accurate. The homepage of their website says they have sold 5009 rvs in the last two years. I always think in terms that they sell over 200 a month and that is a heck of a volume for a consignment seller.

It is really neat to have this link and I appreciate it very much.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:09 AM   #3
Gold Member

Whether the RVs on this website are very popular, I have opened several links at will and found the information: this vehicle has been SOLD!
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Doneworking - I'm glad you liked the link! It's great that PPL puts makes that info available. It makes me think that you'd get a fair deal when dealing with them if you've done your research.

Monica998 - those are all sold listings. The purpose of link was to show what the RV's actually sold for.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
This links takes you to PPL Motorhomes listing of sold units. I used tiny url to make the link much shorter.

https://tinyurl.com/ybvg9nuj

I sorted it by most recent sale. I limited it to 25' long to exclude a lot of Class C's. There are many Class B's in the list.

It is interesting to see the sold prices. Make sure to notice the date sold combined with the model year of the RV to get an accurate idea of prices.

Edit: added Pleasure Way to the list. If you add both Pleasure Way and Pleasure-Way they both disappear.
For the buyer, do you know if this is a dealer or a private party transaction, i.e. who signs off title, the seller or PPL? It can have consequences when the buyer registers the coach.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I don't know the answer but Doneworking might know.

My guess is that it would end up as a dealer transaction. It would be useful to know for certain.

---------------------

Google's cached pages can show the asking price. The 2017 Hymer Sunlight for example asking price was $49,995. Sold price $46,000. Take off the 10% for PPL mentioned by Doneworking and the net to the seller would be $41,400.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:55 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't know the answer but Doneworking might know. My guess is that it would end up as a dealer transaction. It would be useful to know for certain.
California couldn't care less - the buyer gets nailed for sales tax in either event. But in Nevada and Arizona, and possibly other states, if the vehicle is purchased from a private party, regardless of the seller's location, there is no sales tax imposed when the buyer registers the vehicle. However, if the seller is a dealer, then sales tax is imposed when the buyer registers the vehicle. My guess is that for the bleary eyed DMV clerk it's determined by who signs off the title, but it could be useful for a prospective buyer to definitely know one way or the other.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:34 PM   #8
Platinum Member

All I can recall when I sold my RV through PPL a few years ago was that I signed the title and had it notarized. I don't honestly recall but I think since PPL is acting as an agent the title is then endorsed directly to the buyer. That is my memory but it certainly could be incorrect. I would suggest a call to them would answer the question quickly.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #9
Gold Member

Quote:
Monica998 - those are all sold listings. The purpose of link was to show what the RV's actually sold for.
OK, I got it, thanks!
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
All I can recall when I sold my RV through PPL a few years ago was that I signed the title and had it notarized. I don't honestly recall but I think since PPL is acting as an agent the title is then endorsed directly to the buyer. That is my memory but it certainly could be incorrect. I would suggest a call to them would answer the question quickly.
I bought my 2010 Roadtrek through PPL in 2014. It was a pretty painless ordeal...they took care of all the paperwork. All I had to do was write a check, sign some documents & pick up the unit.
bladegrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:57 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladegrl3 View Post
I bought my 2010 Roadtrek through PPL in 2014. It was a pretty painless ordeal...they took care of all the paperwork. All I had to do was write a check, sign some documents & pick up the unit.
Was the check written to PPL or the seller?

Who signed off the title?
Old 10-04-2018, 11:15 PM   #12
Platinum Member

I'm on the list... 2015 Roadtrek 190P 29,000 miles with Solar and the larger bathroom.. Otherwise factory standard.. 9/17/2018.

The check was made out to PPL. I don't have the title in front of me, but i believe it's a transfer from PPL to me...

I did NOT pay sales tax. I'm will be registering in Florida when i finally get back there , and they gave me a temporary texas tag good for 2 months.
bwolfsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:26 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post
I'm on the list... 2015 Roadtrek 190P 29,000 miles with Solar and the larger bathroom.. Otherwise factory standard.. 9/17/2018.

The check was made out to PPL. I don't have the title in front of me, but i believe it's a transfer from PPL to me...

I did NOT pay sales tax. I'm will be registering in Florida when i finally get back there , and they gave me a temporary texas tag good for 2 months.
If title was signed off by the prior owner, it's a private party transaction. If it was signed off by PPL it was a dealer transaction so judging by what you indicate, PPL owned the coach you bought.

You paid no Texas sales tax to PPL because your temporary pass-thru Texas permit indicated your intent to register the coach elsewhere than Texas. When you register the coach in Florida, whether you pay sales tax depends on Florida regulations. Some states will tax you regardless of how you acquired the vehicle. Other states distinguish between private party sales and dealer sales and upon registration, don't impose sales taxes on private party transactions. It's important to know this upfront because it may affect your bottom line out of pocket cost by thousands of dollars.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #14
Platinum Member

Thanks for this info. I took your compilation and extracted just the Airstream brand sales info for the benefit of Air Forums.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote