Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Something like a vanagon westfalia

The DW & I really want a B, something with the top like a vanagon westfalia. Looked at the Sportsmobile, GTRV and the PleasureWay Traverse. But have some issues with each.

First, the Traverse is the closest to what we want, but DO NOT want the water tank, refrigerator, heater, extra battery, etc, prefer the storage space. They come one way only, so we were told. Sportsmobile, to custom make is an option. but a costly one, in our eyes. Considering we really don't want the penthouse style roof, prefer the "V" type. Why spend the bucks. We live in the mid-west and they are the closest, as opposed to GTRV, which we really like. GTRV is in British Columbia and quite the drive and no less expensive than Sportsmobile. GTRV will also custom build to our specs, but dealing via phone or email is a nervous proposition to us on an item at this cost.

Anyone have any ideas, thoughts or leads for us to chase?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #2

Default Re: Something like a vanagon westfalia

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response to your question but I just saw the post. I had GTRV do our conversion when we were living in Cambodia. Other than a visit to their shop in BC before the build all communication were by email. They did a wonderful job and are great folks to deal with. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

cheers, Ian
MonsoonPress is offline   Reply With Quote