Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2015, 12:41 AM   #1

Default the auxiliary battery will not charge Pleasure-way 2007

Good evening,
I have a pleasure-way excel ford e350, 2007, the auxiliary battery will not charge when rv is on the road. I want to check the selenoid, but I do not know where he is. someone can help me. if you have an electrical diagram it would be useful or another way to check what's wrong

Thank you
tetoudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:27 AM   #2
Platinum Member

1st place to check is the battery isolator switch- on my model it is under the pass side sofa and can be reached from a cabinet under the sofa or from the back door, reaching forward.
clockwise is on- that has to be on for the battery to charge from the van motor

2nd place to check is the breaker supplying power TO the battery.

on my 2006 PW Lexor, this is on the pass side rear we have the electrical panel with fuses for the coach behind the plexiglass panel

next to that is a cabinet style door and if you open you will see 2 black boxes a couple of CM square- these are circuit breakers.
when tripped a small red or black tab will poke out the side.

push that in to reset.

( this may be next to you furnace- I'm not clear on your floor plan)

if that is not it, under the hood should be a battery isolator it is blue and has wires on each end connected to each battery ( van and coach)- the wires in the middle are from teh alternator and to the van electrical system.

at this point you may need an RV tech

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:38 AM   #3

MKguitar
i check tomorrow
thank
Old 10-08-2015, 02:46 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Lets get that fixed before Thanksgiving!

Mike
Old 10-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #5
Platinum Member

There's a photo in the 2nd post of this topic: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...tion-2867.html

it shows a large 80amp re-settable breaker - check to make sure that hasn't tripped.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #6
Platinum Member

nice pic- mine look different ( no power sofa) , check the large breaker too- the reset is on the bump out in the middle.

the 3 breakers shown above it have the rest buttons on the side.

here is from my 2006 manual:

12-Volt Manual Reset Breakers and Converter Output Fuses

Your motorhome has three manual re-setting breakers. If you have the optional electric rear sofa, you will have four manual resetting breakers. Access to these breakers is through a compartment door found beside the furnace openning tin the rear bench area. These three breakers have an 80, 30 and 15-amp capacity. The 80-amp breaker controls the charge line from the chassis alternator to your auxiliary battery through the battery isolator. This charge line charges your auxiliary battery while you are driving. The 30-amp breaker controls the power converter and the 15-amp breaker controls the refrigerator when it’s running on 12-Volts. If you have the electric sofa option, you will have an additional 30-amp breaker. This breaker controls the power to your electric sofa.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with either your auxiliary battery, power converter, refrigerator or optional electric sofa when on 12-Volts, check these breakers first to see that they are not tripped. The small re-set button is located on the end of the breaker. Simply push it in if it is tripped.
There are two 30-amp converter output fuses located behind your converter breaker panel. In order to access these two fuses on the TD model, remove the passenger’s side rear seat cushion and remove the cover panel over top of the converter compartment. On the TS or RD models, access these through the rear entrance door by reaching over the rear centre partition.

mike
Old 10-08-2015, 11:28 PM   #7

Default I do not find

[Good evening, Mike
I actually make an appointment at the dealership
Thank you for informations