Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2019, 06:12 PM   #41
Bronze Member

Please, please, please rent a Class B for a weekend in winter to understand why it would or would not work for you.
We've owned several Class Bs over past 20 years, rented them in other countries and I love them for the two of us. Even then, I would really rate Class Bs as a fair weather campers. They work best when the outdoor weather is pleasant enough to pop chairs and a table outdoors expanding your living space into the outdoors.

But I cannot imagine how you would squash 5 people plus belongings, equipment, etc into one for travel, sleep, cooking and eating, bathrooming, etc. Particularly for cold weather camping. Please rent and find out for self.
Weroadtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weroadtrip View Post
Please, please, please rent a Class B for a weekend in winter to understand why it would or would not work for you.
We've owned several Class Bs over past 20 years, rented them in other countries and I love them for the two of us. Even then, I would really rate Class Bs as a fair weather campers. They work best when the outdoor weather is pleasant enough to pop chairs and a table outdoors expanding your living space into the outdoors.

But I cannot imagine how you would squash 5 people plus belongings, equipment, etc into one for travel, sleep, cooking and eating, bathrooming, etc. Particularly for cold weather camping. Please rent and find out for self.
Agree 100%!! Our van is almost 23 ft and my wife and I are boith on the small side - we manage, it's ok for two, especially when you can put out teh awning and enjoy the outdoors, but 5 in a 190 seems a bit much,

For the same money you could get a much larger Class C that I would think more appropriate than a B - although not as easily parked at home.

Christian, if you are not going to rent to give it a try first, then if you have not done so, I would at least take the whole brood with you when you go to look at potential candidates, rather than just going wth your wife!

Best of luck.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #43
Platinum Member

It might pay to try to get a hold of Yan Seiner. IIRC, he was going out in a Roadtrek 200 with at least two kids, maybe three. He later moved up to a Sprinter after getting tied in to Roadtrek.

He is now freelancing and doing RV teaching stuff, I think, and tied into and outdoor group in some manner.

On edit--Here is a link to the outdoor site Yan is with now:

https://www.kyneticadventures.com/

No direct email for him, but I am quite sure if the contact form was used he would get back to you,
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #44

Thanks for updating us! The search for our Roadtrek continues also.
Keko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
It might pay to try to get a hold of Yan Seiner. IIRC, he was going out in a Roadtrek 200 with at least two kids, maybe three. He later moved up to a Sprinter after getting tied in to Roadtrek.

He is now freelancing and doing RV teaching stuff, I think, and tied into and outdoor group in some manner.

On edit--Here is a link to the outdoor site Yan is with now:

https://www.kyneticadventures.com/

No direct email for him, but I am quite sure if the contact form was used he would get back to you,
I've attended several of Mike Wendland's Winter Freezeouts in Tahquamenon Falls State Park in Michigan's UP with Yan Seiner and Kiki. I wonder if they will be there this coming January.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roadtrek versatile