Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #1

Default Thinking of selling my American Crusier

I have made an offer on a class B+ and if the deal comes together I will be selling my 1999 American Cruiser. It has 40,000 miles and is in very, very good condition inside and out and has many upgrades and handles great.

I know these models are hard to find and if I purchase the B+ I will post it on this forum first.

Cruiser
cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Thinking of selling my American Crusier

Hi Cruiser,
I just noticed your post on selling your 99 American Cruiser. I just bought a 99 American Cruiser of my own back in June and we love it. I haven't spoken to anyone else who has owned one so I'm really interested in hearing what you thought of yours and how long you had it. Have you had any issues with it that I might want to watch out for? Also, did your deal on the B+ go through?
Thanks!
Randy
AmCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #3

The deal on the class B+ did come together and I will be posting my 1999 American Cruiser For Sale soon and when I can find the time to figure out how to post the photos of it which are very impressive. It appears my photo images are to large to post.
I have had no problems with the American Cruiser and we have driven it serveral thousand miles and visted several states from the mountains to the beaches.
No unexpected suprises and no dissapointments!!

Good Luck with yours
Cruiser
Old 09-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Cruiser,
Glad to hear your deal went through. We just got back from spending Labor Day weekend at a nearby lakefront campground in our unit. Had a great time, and it was close enough so friends and family could visit.

I use Microsoft Powerpoint to reduce picture file size (if you don't have that, I believe the free downloadable OPEN OFFICE has a Powerpoint equivalent that should work also - just Google it).
Here's the process in Microsoft Powerpoint (I have MS Office 2000 - some of the commands may be different in newer versions).
Open Powerpoint and click INSERT, then PICTURE, then FROM FILE. Bowse to the file location and select it. The picture will come in full size. Right click on the picture and select FORMAT PICTURE from the pull down. In the window that opens, select the SIZE tab. In the HEIGHT window under SIZE AND ROTATE, type 3" (or whatever size you desire), then simply left click in the WIDTH window (it will auto fill the correct width to go with the height entered, in my case 5.33"). Hit ENTER. The picture will now adjust to the dimensions entered (3"x5.33"). This sometimes places the picture outside of the white slide background so you may have to zoom out to about 25% and drag the picture back onto the background. Because the Powerpoint default slide size is 8.5x11", the picture will have a white border around it. To eliminate this, click FILE then PAGE SETUP and adjust the slide height and width to match the picture (in my case 3x5.33") and hit OK. The slide white background size will adjust to the size entered but now your picture will look distorted. Left click on the picture, the click on the corner or side handles and stretch the picture to match the slide background, and the picture will be back in proportion. Now click FILE, then SAVE AS. Bowse to the location where you want to save the file, enter a file name. To save as a .jpg, open the pulldown after SAVE AS TYPE:, and select "JPEG File Interchange Format (.jpg)" and hit SAVE.

For the picture below this reduced the file size from 1,540 KB to 19 KB (This is the first time I've posted a picture in a response, so hopefully there really is a picture below after I hit submit.)

Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing the pics of your American Cruiser.
Randy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PassSide.jpg (34.7 KB, 1109 views)
Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Platinum Member

You could go into your menu on your camera and change the pic size down to 1 megapixel or maybe vga quality.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #6

My 1999 American Cruiser 2000 is now posted on the trading post on this forum and on Craigslist (North Carolina, Raleigh) which has PHOTOS of the RV as well.

Take a look and thanks.

Crusier
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I checked out your pictures on Craigs List. Very nice!
Mine looks very similar outside, but is somewhat different inside. My refrigerator comes all the way up to the microwave - the extra fridge space is nice, but I'd love to have that extra counterspace that yours has. Also mine has a wet bath which eats up a lot of real estate in the back making my kitchen area narrower than yours.
We love ours - I suspect someone will snap yours up quickly.
Good luck with the sale.
Randy
Old 09-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #8
Gold Member

Looks like a nice RV! I like the layout without the sliding door and using the back as a door!
Good luck selling it!
teachergal is offline   Reply With Quote