Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Exactly right, Davydd. With the kitchen roof overhang and all. Better than a teardrop (IMHO), I'm not towing anything, and the suspension is a bit more robust. For weekenders and sportsmen in particular, it has some advantages. Still, we did three enjoyable weeks on the road - twice.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I'd definitely have it painted to something that blends in. Other than that, it looks like a fun ride.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I would be really interested to see what the interior looks like, I have seen many on the roads, but never had the opportunity to see one on the inside, if you ever get a chance, please share some pics of the interior on your Jucy, Im sure it would be interesting to see, thanks,,,,,,
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:23 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppster66 View Post
I would be really interested to see what the interior looks like.
Here are a few pics from this LINK

This is the kitchen area, exactly like our unit. The sink is on the top right. (Has fresh and gray water tanks.) Plenty of storage for pots, pans and utensils, plus staples. There are two stove burners, one portable. The upper gray box is the "fridge", a thermoelectric unit that is not up to cooling in more than temperate weather. Much over 70 degrees and it is a cooler, at best. I'd like to replace with a real refrigerator.

The sleeping area includes the back seats and the bench seat, which slides to fill the gap nicely. The larger part of the mattress flips up from behind the front seats. A foam wedge fills the back seat to level. Takes just seconds to convert to sleeping area. (The other comfort trick is to sleep with heads toward the back seat.) BTW: Our unit does not include the white folding table. We have a more substantial table, with a larger center pipe stand. Also have the standard Chrysler DVD player overhead, not on the wall as shown

Bench on the left is very deep, using the second row "stow and go" seat wells for much larger bench storage area. The trick is using duffle bags, which are pliable. We also packed our add-on tent, extra stove burner, air/tire pump, battery charger, the drain tube for gray water tank, and tool box. We overpacked for our trips and had plenty room left over. Then there's the "penthouse", if necessary. Overnight one can stow stuff under the bed's center slide, or in the front seat area. Lighting is more than adequate from the overhead dome light and a light bar for the kitchen that can be pivoted "backward". All lighting is LED. The back panel includes all sorts of niches and cup holders for your stuff, like eyeglasses, keys and wallet.

All-in-all, it's a clever use of space. It was designed by yachting guys, and many of the components are marine-type.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I'd definitely have it painted to something that blends in. Other than that, it looks like a fun ride.
That was our first inclination, and we changed our mind. Great ice breaker wherever we go.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:35 AM   #26

Hello group just a follow up to my post about going out West. I could not rent an RV so had to travel by car. Thanks to your suggestions I went to the Grand Canyon,Zion National Park , Bryce Canyon, Las Vegas and the Hoover Dam. I saved 10 bucks by getting the national parks annual pass (suggested multiple times on this and other forums).This trip showed me that It could be fun (though slower) to drive to different destinations. There were some towns I saw along the way I wanted to visit but could not because of Hotel reservations. Now I really gotta start saving for that B van!
jad787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:00 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Glad you enjoyed yourself. We've not been out there in traveling mode, so something to look forward to. I personally enjoy the driving over distances. There is always something to see, even when there is "nothing" to see. And one never knows when "adventure" will make an appearance.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Jad787, glad to hear you had a great trip, some of the most beautifull scenery we have ever scene,,, where to next?????
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:08 AM   #29

Peppster66, Not sure yet -I am thinking of going to Yosemite(did a day trip but could not go into the valley because it was on fire) or maybe Yellowstone. Florida is also in play,I want to attend the Sun n Fun expo.
jad787 is offline   Reply With Quote