Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #1

Default Thoughts on Leaking Shower Drain

I have a 1992 Intevec Falcon 190 SLF on a Ford Chassis. When I run the shower, it drains out the bottom of the van about 1/2 way up the van... Any thoughts on where I should start looking for a leak, or what it may be? I have replaced the sink, and shower faucets due to leakage, and I replaced the water valve on the toliet for the same reason....Does anyone think that there may have been frozen water in the P-Trap for the shower? Thoughts?
benfrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Thoughts on Leaking Shower Drain

You could run some water, wait and see it hitting the ground and mark the area...and raise it and check for a drain connection leak. From what you say, I am inclined to believe that the connection to the tank is loose. From the year, the glue could have easily eroded away. You can get some 2x6 lumber and make drive-ups that allows you under it, while keeping it level. Keep us posted. Safe travels.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: Thoughts on Leaking Shower Drain

Might be worth a drive to a plumber who has one video camera snake thingy's. You could maybe see what is going on. Also, input from another Falcon owner would be very helpful.

The leak being only from the shower is interesting. There is a chance the shower drain was never connected to the gray water waste tank. That is how the builder of my home built van did it. I can run a small diameter hose to a sewer connector that has the second garden hose style fitting I guess but I haven't used the shower in my van.

It may have been an option or a later modification on your van so the waste tank doesn't fill up with relatively clean shower water.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote