Old 08-12-2019, 11:52 PM   #1

Default Travato 2019 vs 2020

Didn't see this question anywhere, so thought I'd see if anyone knew... what is the difference between the 2019 Travato KL and the 2020 Travato KL?
I can't find any specs that show some kind of change between years, but the price has gone up almost $7 grand. It can't just be that it is a new year, could it?

-- Roads of Life
Roads of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:43 AM   #2

Tariffs are thought to be a big part of the price increase. There was some recent info on the model year differences on the Travato Owners and Wannabees Facebook group. It is a very active group. You might want to check there.

Robin

n3ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:58 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I had a 19, KL, traded for a 20, K, only difference I can see (except the Lithium) is the grill design.
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:07 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
I had a 19, KL, traded for a 20, K, only difference I can see (except the Lithium) is the grill design.
Curious S TO WHY TOUD TRADE AN L FOR Non L? Wouldn’t this be considered a significant downgrade? I’m asking bc I thought of trading my G for a GL. Thanks
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:03 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie1 View Post
Curious S TO WHY TOUD TRADE AN L FOR Non L? Wouldn’t this be considered a significant downgrade? I’m asking bc I thought of trading my G for a GL. Thanks
my thoughts also?
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:55 PM   #6
Bronze Member

I had ~4000 miles on the L, it was a couple of months old and had been on ONE 50mi pleasure trip. The remain miles had been put on trying to get it fixed & delivery. It would not autostart, nor reliably run in charging mode if you did a manual. Winnebago finally suggested I take it back to the factory to have it fixed. After 3 days sitting on their plastic chairs & lots of “I don’t knows” they pronounced it fixed. I took it from there to Lichtsinn & traded. The ownership of the L cost me in excess of $30k, & lots of sour feelings. This one will have a Lithium system by end of year. It will be one that works, or anyone who knows how batteries work will be able to fix it. Winnebago put the L out in the wild with little tech support or dealer support. I wouldn’t touch one of their L’s for at least a couple of years. There are a lot that are working, but when they’re not ....
Old 08-14-2019, 11:01 PM   #7
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
I had ~4000 miles on the L, it was a couple of months old and had been on ONE 50mi pleasure trip. The remain miles had been put on trying to get it fixed & delivery. It would not autostart, nor reliably run in charging mode if you did a manual. Winnebago finally suggested I take it back to the factory to have it fixed. After 3 days sitting on their plastic chairs & lots of “I don’t knows” they pronounced it fixed. I took it from there to Lichtsinn & traded. The ownership of the L cost me in excess of $30k, & lots of sour feelings. This one will have a Lithium system by end of year. It will be one that works, or anyone who knows how batteries work will be able to fix it. Winnebago put the L out in the wild with little tech support or dealer support. I wouldn’t touch one of their L’s for at least a couple of years. There are a lot that are working, but when they’re not ....
I assume from above that you did not involve the pure folks or whatever the correct words?

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:48 AM   #8
Bronze Member

You do what you need to do Bud, I wouldn’t touch one. Why should I, after purchasing a 6 figure + van have to take it on myself to chase down vendors & manufactures of components that the assembler can’t even identify? Winnebago did finally get Volta, intermotive, & FCA talking after me sitting for 3 days ! I did get my lawyer involved, he said they could drag out a lemon settlement for 2 yrs or more and I wouldn’t have use during that time. Being 76+ yrs old I didn’t want to fight it that long.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:40 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
The Volta system is well designed. During initial WGO production I think there were some faulty installations at WGO. IIRC, Wincrasher had a similar experience with his GL Travato. Perhaps he can provide some details regarding this glitch.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #10
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
You do what you need to do Bud, I wouldn’t touch one. Why should I, after purchasing a 6 figure + van have to take it on myself to chase down vendors & manufactures of components that the assembler can’t even identify? Winnebago did finally get Volta, intermotive, & FCA talking after me sitting for 3 days ! I did get my lawyer involved, he said they could drag out a lemon settlement for 2 yrs or more and I wouldn’t have use during that time. Being 76+ yrs old I didn’t want to fight it that long.
So sorry about your experience. Moving on sure makes sense at times. I understand the age factor, darn it. Thanks for posting, important I think.

Bud is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
price, travato, winnebago