Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2019, 11:51 PM   #1

Default Travato front seats

Doesnt anyone else find these uncomfortable as hell. Too short in the leg/thigh support for me. I love the rv but seats are the only deal break breaker. Does anyone know of anyone or way to replace seats. Anyone make an alternative that fits and works.

Would love a solution. If no solution, the new Beyond will probably be my choice to spend long summers in each year.
SissyBoyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

There are a number of posts on the PM forum similar to yours. The normal response is to use the built-in adjustments, then give the seats a fair trial. So far, everyone who has taken that advice has come to love them. The seating position is different, but it works better than most. The PM is the first vehicle I’ve ever had which allows my legs to work normally after a long drive—no more hobbling, no more back pain.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyBoyFloyd View Post
Doesnt anyone else find these uncomfortable as hell. Too short in the leg/thigh support for me. I love the rv but seats are the only deal break breaker. Does anyone know of anyone or way to replace seats. Anyone make an alternative that fits and works.

Would love a solution. If no solution, the new Beyond will probably be my choice to spend long summers in each year.

I solved this issue by getting a cushion made at a local auto trim shop. It is thicker on the front and sides then the back to provide the shape I wanted. I took several hand towels and made a model and had them make it with a vinyl cover matching the seats. Works like a champ and much less expensive than trying to replace the seat.
JBRufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:38 PM   #4

I have a GalaRV Montecarlo on a 2017 Promaster. I find the seats comfortable (not comfy) and I can sit in it for 12 hours and get out feeling good. Try adjusting until you find a setting that works for you.
tydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:22 AM   #5
Platinum Member

The ProMaster seats used in the Travato are the most comfortable seats we have ever had for short drives as well as long hours of driving. We were unsure how they would be and we really thought the non-tilt steering would bug us. We are both very different in height and leg/torso/arms. And yet we both love the seats set in the SAME position for both of us . And we do not miss a tilt steering system. The telescopic feature has never been moved since we bought our Travato. We have both been quite impressed with the seating and driveability of the PM outfitted as a Travato. I think you will be fine in the real world but each of us are different physically. Maybe you can get some real time in the seat of one before actually plunking money down. I know when we first looked at PM based Class B's, we thought we would not be impressed by the seats, non-tilt steering and the basic plastics of the dash versus the bling of a Sprinter or Transit. Love it. FIAT folks did a great job engineering the cabin of the FIAT Ducato and except the North American production in Mexico had to meet DOT requirements. Even so, the dash is pretty much the same as the European version. And it worked out terrific too, that the "JEEP" 3.6 liter V6 was mated to the FWD transaxle.

Gene / StorysRVwego
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:34 AM   #6
Bronze Member

The seats Carado put in our Banff are quite comfortable (although my wife is very short and uses a booster pillow).

Do all the RV manufacturers install their own seats, or do some leave the factory Promaster seats in?
Raindem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Seats are very much a personal preference thing but I also can’t sit in those Travato seats. I would have had to completely replace the seats to own a Travato which I am sure is possible but expensive.

This is a huge problem in a Class B RV. The whole point is to be able to sit for many hours and days in the seats as you enjoy our beautiful country. Bad seats will completely ruin this experience. I wouldn’t underestimate the problem if you are one who dislikes the seats.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
Silver Member

Quote:

Different strokes for different folks! If they don’t work for you then maybe you’re a Beyond customer. The stock pm seats in my Travato took a while for me to get used to. I think for many folks you get used to what you normally drive, so sometimes change seems wrong. In reality (at least for me) it just took a few days, but now seems normal.
But these rigs are a big investment so there is no way I would suggest to others to just go with it. The last thing you need is buyers remorse!
I suggest you take a long drive in a rental before you plunk down such a big purchase. U-haul has some transit vans (maybe you could find a PM also) then take a long drive.
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:39 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Yep, I love 'em too. The upright position is a welcome change from most vehicles for my back.
There are other seats available - it only takes money.
Paul Sherry Vans has options...
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Default Do not purchase a vehicle with uncomfortable seats ever....

Quote:

Sounds like you answered your own question.....

Trying to make uncomfortable seats "comfortable"....is an impossible task...... don't do it....
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Sounds like you answered your own question.....

Trying to make uncomfortable seats "comfortable"....is an impossible task...... don't do it....
That is a gross overstatement for a seat with multiple adjustments.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote