Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2016, 11:18 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Here's a get out of a jam tool that's small enough to take with you:

I'm going to try it. It will make parking the trailer next to my deck easier & less lawn damage. Also, it will be cool to position the trailer where I want to on the site to get more privacy or take advantage of a view etc.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I tried the Trailer Valet XL and it didn't work on soft ground (lawn).
The manufacture does warn of that. They say it will work on packed gravel and hard turf. Most campsites will be hard packed so there's still hope.

There are two problems to overcome. The first is traction and that is easy enough to solve. The second is the trailer wheels settling in depressions on soft ground. There's no way to overcome that other than improving the ground. (or a couple of buddy's pushing the rear of the trailer)

It does looked to be good quality.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #23
Platinum Member

An update on the the Trailer Valet XL for anyone who's interested.

As the ground firmed up in late spring and summer and got a bit packed from travel on it the Trailer Valet XL worked very well. I park the trailer right up against my deck, it's practically a straight and level transition to enter the trailer from the deck and the Trailer Valet XL enables me to position the trailer that close with relative ease.

next to deck.jpg

I put in two parallel concrete paths that match the wheelbase width. They are parallel to the deck and that's the target. Put the trailer on the paths and it's close enough to the deck, then move it back or forward so that the entry grab handle clears the deck railing.

I use it to move the Trailer to mow under as well if we haven't used the trailer for travel in a while.

It has been fun to use the trailer at home. The radio with exterior speakers gets used a lot, the awning next and even the fridge when having a BBQ. It has water, electric and sewer hookup nearby as well.