Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 557
Default Update on Fire Extinguishers

Thanks for the info here, I called the Recall Number, and they were super to deal with; about a week ago I received one new one, shipped the old one back via FedEx with the Return Label. Today, I received the second of three, just have to repeat the process and they even pick up at home. I had a total of three, one is dtd '91, another '93 and then '94. Ron
__________________

__________________
Ron J. Moore
'15 RT210P
Ron J. Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:14 PM   #2
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: California
Posts: 59
Default

I am waiting for my replacement extinguisher (I was told around the 12th - 15th December), without seeing the original post/thread on here I would still be unaware of this recall. So thanks from me also.
__________________

__________________
David & Angela
2008 Pleasure Way Plateau TS
Porsche911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 557
Default

My second was just picked up by FedEx this a.m. One to go and I am done. Ron
__________________
Ron J. Moore
'15 RT210P
Ron J. Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche911 View Post
... without seeing the original post/thread on here I would still be unaware of this recall. So thanks from me also.
I just got a letter from Kidde advising me of the recall. But that may because the unit I have in my "B" is a replacement from a 2015 recall. They were confirming that the replacement was also now subject to this latest recall.

I ordered a foam type extinguisher for the coach from these guys and will use the replacement Kidde around the house. Fire Fight Products The price for their SS20 is comparable to the Kidde. And no damage to the coach contents if (God forbid) I have to use it.
__________________
A 2014 Ocean One MB Sprinter by Advanced RV named "Imagine"
mikes47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #5
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 49
Default

I was beginning to wonder if Kidde had lost my request for a replacement since it had been over a month since I had filled out the form on their website without hearing anything back. I was starting to think I'd have to call them up after the holidays, but today I received an email from Fedex that the shipment was finally on its way (arriving tomorrow). Guess I needed just a little more patience - I suppose it does take more than a month to replace 40 millions fire extinguishers.
__________________
2003 Roadtrek 190 Popular
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:53 PM   #6
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: California
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I was beginning to wonder if Kidde had lost my request for a replacement since it had been over a month since I had filled out the form on their website without hearing anything back. I was starting to think I'd have to call them up after the holidays, but today I received an email from Fedex that the shipment was finally on its way (arriving tomorrow). Guess I needed just a little more patience - I suppose it does take more than a month to replace 40 millions fire extinguishers.
I received mine yesterday 12.12.17 the eta was 12.12 to 12.15.17 about 1 month so no complaints here at all.
__________________
David & Angela
2008 Pleasure Way Plateau TS
Porsche911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:09 AM   #7
Platinum Member
 
gklugie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Garland, Texas
Posts: 224
Default

I got my new fire extinguisher. It is a different size from the recalled unit. It will not fit in my 2000 Roadtrek niche. I am keeping my old one and NOT sending it back. Probably sell the new one on craigslist. Kidde goofed.
gklugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #8
BBQ
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East
Posts: 1,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklugie View Post
I got my new fire extinguisher. It is a different size from the recalled unit. It will not fit in my 2000 Roadtrek niche. I am keeping my old one and NOT sending it back. Probably sell the new one on craigslist. Kidde goofed.




__________________
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:40 AM   #9
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 49
Default

If I remember correctly, when I submitted the request the website told me 10-15 business days, so I had been expecting it to arrive before Thanksgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklugie View Post
I got my new fire extinguisher. It is a different size from the recalled unit. It will not fit in my 2000 Roadtrek niche. I am keeping my old one and NOT sending it back.
Oof. Crossing my fingers I have better luck, but if not I'll keep the replacement to use around the house & buy a new one for my Roadtrek. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my chances on a recalled unit working correctly if I ever need it.
__________________

__________________
2003 Roadtrek 190 Popular
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
thank you

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.