Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #1

Default User Guide for a 2000 GWV CS

Retired Plumber mike here. Just paid allot more $ than i expected to purchase a class b motor home of this age. But i was looking for something old like me and possibly restore it. It seems to be in ok shape for it's age (no so with me). Storage compartment drawers are made of plywood and need attention (rotten), paint never has been waxed and fiberglass is dull white. Window glazing shrunk and needs replacing on forward fixed glass. All i think i can repair. But the RV came with no user Guide Manual. Does someone know where i can find a pdf copy or does great west have this information in their archives. They don't answer their phone. Not getting anywhere on the web. Any help from folks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike
crvph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Congratulations.

You are off to an exciting journey !
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:08 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Sometimes, old info can be found on the Internet Archive website (https://web.archive.org). They have various versions of the old GWV site over the years that you can look at there, but I didn't find any PDFs or manuals in my quick search. They may be there, but I didn't see any.

The Internet Archive is an ambitious site that attempts to chronicle the entire Internet over the years. They're based in San Francisco, but I love the fact that they keep partial backups in the Library of Alexandria, in Egypt. Hopefully, there won't be any more fires there. Caesar isn't around anymore, so they're probably safe.
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #4

I have a 1999 GWV Classic Supreme. Not that I have tons of time on my hand to digitize the factory manual, but if I get a chance I'll try. In short they shipped with a binder, with a generic factory manual covering all of their various models and floor plans, and then the respective appliance manuals of all of the appliances installed in your unit (i.e. furnace, water heater etc..)

I'm not aware of it existing on their site, although the internet archive of the site is interesting in terms of understanding the product options at the time (look at the site in the 2003 timeframe or so, its much more useful then looking back at circa ~2000, for info on the late dodge chassis units like ours)

If you have any specific questions I'll do me best to answer, I've been very happy with mine for the 4 years I've owned it.
Turbowhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvph@comcast.net View Post
They don't answer their phone. Not getting anywhere on the web. Any help from folks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike
GWV no longer exists. And the last iteration in the US was a different company from the one that built your Classic Supreme. As I recall from my 2004 model, the manual did have the wiring and plumbing diagrams.

Good Luck finding one... and don't recall if they were ever posted online. If I had to place a bet, I would vote against it. It was a small company that had to outsource what little was on their website.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
Sometimes, old info can be found on the Internet Archive website (https://web.archive.org). They have various versions of the old GWV site over the years that you can look at there, but I didn't find any PDFs or manuals in my quick search. They may be there, but I didn't see any.

The Internet Archive is an ambitious site that attempts to chronicle the entire Internet over the years. They're based in San Francisco, but I love the fact that they keep partial backups in the Library of Alexandria, in Egypt. Hopefully, there won't be any more fires there. Caesar isn't around anymore, so they're probably safe.
Hmm, I may have to check this out sometime. Who knows what I may find in the old Internet Archive.
VinMarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 02:28 PM   #7

Just bought a gwv 2000 classic person I bought from had no idea how anything works so any help be great
Jaceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:59 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Just grab your flashlight, pull a few panels, and trace out what's there. The systems in these camper vans are very simple. You will also get to know your vehicle much better that way.
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote