Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #21

1800 miles
larcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:18 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larcan View Post
1800 miles
year? why was it traded in? and yes people do trade them in because B's where not for them but sometimes other reasons.

I actually like the TS for certain family situations. It is cool. But i would not count on Connect ever working with cell connection.

I could be wrong though-lol-i often am
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:54 PM   #23

I think your info on the connect made us realize that it should not be a factor in our purchase at all. We will let you know if the fix installed after the recall did anything for the issue. It is a 2015 with 2k miles. Looks like one trip and back to the dealer with in about 4 months. Repo? not working for them? Just can't get the info
Old 01-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #24

I am not sure if this was made clear, but you are VERY correct that the Volt start is not a good option for this model to be put in after market! So glad to have not bought it counting on that just because they were willing to take my $2500!
Old 02-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #25
Bronze Member

Default Remote start with Drone Mobile on Zion SRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
A simple alarm system (such as the Viper 5704 that I installed) will transmit the interior temperature easily up to 1/2 mile (they claim "up to one mile", but that is a bit exaggerated) and display it on the key fob. No cell service required.
I installed a Compustar remote starter with the Drone Mobile add on. I can monitor voltage and temperature from anywhere (the vehicle has to be in cellular service area). I can start the RV from anywhere through the internet.

Buford Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #26

Default VoltStart for Joe Public

Hello all,

We are thinking of converting a van and like to install VoltStart some something along those line since we have dogs and would like to keep them cool.

Do any of you know if Joe Public can buy VoltStart?
Are there any other solutions besides VoltStart?

TIA,
Craig
craiglnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:16 PM   #27
Platinum Member

There are lots of AUTO START options in the market place. Voltstart is only Roadtrek's flavor of it, and there is plenty of reports out there that theirs doesn't work well if at all.

Please refer to such systems as Auto Start and not Voltstart. It will make your searching for such equipment easier too.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:06 AM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I think it is time for some enterprising, pet loving, engineer to invent a climate controlled pet crate, so you would only have to heat or cool a small area.
Love it! I will pre-order two if an inventor is out there...
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:28 AM   #29
BBQ
Platinum Member

Which van do you have in mind?

How far (and how long) will you be away from the van/dogs?

Where do you want to use this "Auto-start"?
If in a city, does the city allow idling engine?
Old 06-22-2018, 02:20 AM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
There are lots of AUTO START options in the market place. Voltstart is only Roadtrek's flavor of it
There are NOT a lot of such options for the Sprinter (as I said, there used to be, but not as of MY2014). I don't know about other marques.

I agree that "Voltstart" is the wrong name.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:41 AM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
There are lots of AUTO START options in the market place. Voltstart is only Roadtrek's flavor of it, and there is plenty of reports out there that theirs doesn't work well if at all.
There were some early hiccups with Voltstart. Some etreks got modules pogrammed for agm and visa versa. There were some wiring errors between the Voltstart module and the remote start module. Some were the result of operator error setup. The good news is that most of this has been corrected. The bad news is that the Etrek Voltstart trigger threshold has been changed fron 12.4V to 12.8V which significantly decreases battery run time before engine engagement.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
There were some early hiccups with Voltstart. Some etreks got modules pogrammed for agm and visa versa. There were some wiring errors between the Voltstart module and the remote start module. Some were the result of operator error setup. The good news is that most of this has been corrected. The bad news is that the Etrek Voltstart trigger threshold has been changed fron 12.4V to 12.8V which significantly decreases battery run time before engine engagement.
The change in voltage trigger point only effects the first engine start timing. After that there will be no real change in cycle timing and overall you get the same amount of energy out of the system during the complete number of cycles and the final run after that.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #33

Hi guys,

I'm on the road with my etrek volt start 2018 CS Adventurous which was recently purchased new (left over unit).

I have followed the instructions that the service tech gave me during orientation and also those that are in the "manual" .. no luck.. it doesn't work.

When I press the "door lock button" as instructed, the intrusion alarm sounds a siren after about 2 or 3 mins. So I have to wake up periodically to manually start the engine in order to keep the Domentic a/c unit going.

Any advise and help would be appreciated..
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubby View Post
Hi guys,

I'm on the road with my etrek volt start 2018 CS Adventurous which was recently purchased new (left over unit).

I have followed the instructions that the service tech gave me during orientation and also those that are in the "manual" .. no luck.. it doesn't work.

When I press the "door lock button" as instructed, the intrusion alarm sounds a siren after about 2 or 3 mins. So I have to wake up periodically to manually start the engine in order to keep the Domentic a/c unit going.

Any advise and help would be appreciated..
There is a button above the rear view mirror that disables the interior motion sense alarm before you lock the vehicle.
chowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:02 AM   #35

Wow... I didn't know that..

I'm not in the coach right now , but I will check it out as soon as I can..
Thank you

I'll post the results.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #36

I found the motion disabling button.. That solves the issue with the alarm sounding.

So I set the the volt start (I thought) by pressing the door lock button on the key fob 3 times and the turning on the volt start button.
This morning the battery voltage hit 12.1 and the engine still didn't start.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
Old 10-14-2019, 03:04 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubby View Post
I found the motion disabling button.. That solves the issue with the alarm sounding.

So I set the the volt start (I thought) by pressing the door lock button on the key fob 3 times and the turning on the volt start button.
This morning the battery voltage hit 12.1 and the engine still didn't start.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
I haven't really tested mine but the instructions say:

Turn VoltStart to “off” position.
• Start the vehicle and let it idle for a few seconds to reset the VoltStart cycle counter. The switch will only light up if the lithium cells are on.
• Turn off ignition.
• Turn VoltStart to “on” position.
• Close all doors, whether you are exiting the vehicle or staying in it.
• Remote start the unit to activate the first cycle of VoltStart (do this even when inside the vehicle).

Did the engine start when you hit the lock button 3 times? I wonder if you need to open and then close a door?
chowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:23 PM   #38

No the engine didn't not start. I think I followed the instructions to the "T", but no results.

I'll keep trying different options

Thanks for your help..

Tags
roadtrek