Old 03-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Walk thru Video on the new Lithium TRAVATO

Was published today, with lots of mods and tweaks to the 59G, can't wait to see what they might do with the 59K. They are running AC on the new lithium system!

Video by FitRV is here:

B2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:54 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Play View Post
Was published today, with lots of mods and tweaks to the 59G, can't wait to see what they might do with the 59K. They are running AC on the new lithium system!
When they open he cabinets under the bed, the construction quality makes me wince.

cruising7388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:05 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Yes... with all that expensive tech, those sliding doors were...

But we are just picking nits...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:25 AM   #4
jon
Platinum Member

I like it, especially the 3600 watt inverter with lithium batteries. Hello AC in the hot national forest campsites with no hook ups. I didn't mind the construction quality under the bed but I didn't like the uninsulated wheel well. Easy fix.
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:51 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Wood construction by staple gun likely powered by lithium batteries, wheel well insulation by paint and cargo stuffing, a long overhead cabinet good for piling up while breaking, what a mixed bag. Had no issue with sliders, light weight, simple and works, certainly shiny solid rosewood would look better.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #6
Platinum Member

My biggest concern is the ground clearance. One good curb hit and it will not just take out the alternator, but possibly the lithium battery bank.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:57 AM   #7
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Wood construction by staple gun likely powered by lithium batteries, wheel well insulation by paint and cargo stuffing, a long overhead cabinet good for piling up while breaking, what a mixed bag. Had no issue with sliders, light weight, simple and works, certainly shiny solid rosewood would look better.

Life is interesting, isn't it.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22 View Post
My biggest concern is the ground clearance. One good curb hit and it will not just take out the alternator, but possibly the lithium battery bank.
+1, re: lithium in particular.

During my time living and driving throughout greater Houston, I've hit an intact kitchen chair (heavy granny-style oak construction), a detached car bumper cover, a pressure-treated 4x4 fence post (8-footer), and numerous large retread chunks. All of them appeared suddenly in my lane and were unavoidable.

Thankfully the only thing I've hit so far in my Class B have been retread pieces, with only minimal damage. But I had one guy email me because he hit something that tore off his exhaust train and his repair shop was having trouble getting a new one re-installed. They wanted photographs of how our model of Class B had the pipe re-routed by the generator, so they could have a go-by.

Moral of the story: Collisions with big highway debris pieces are inevitable. The impact zone is not where lithium cells need to be.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post

During my time living and driving throughout greater Houston, I've hit an intact kitchen chair (heavy granny-style oak construction), a detached car bumper cover, a pressure-treated 4x4 fence post (8-footer), and numerous large retread chunks. All of them appeared suddenly in my lane and were unavoidable.

Thankfully the only thing I've hit so far in my Class B have been retread pieces, with only minimal damage. But I had one guy email me because he hit something that tore off his exhaust train and his repair shop was having trouble getting a new one re-installed. They wanted photographs of how our model of Class B had the pipe re-routed by the generator, so they could have a go-by.

Moral of the story: Collisions with big highway debris pieces are inevitable. The impact zone is not where lithium cells need to be.

where's the lithium battery in a Tesla and how close to the road is it.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:34 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post

On our last cross country trip, we used Waze. I found the app really useful, from the 'you're starting to speed' warning beeps to traffic and road debris warnings submitted by other users. I reported a healthy share of debris and vehicles stopped along the the road as well, so you'll still encounter the occasional surprise.

B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote