Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Waterproof bath window covering/Sprinter

I finally unfurled our shower curtain, which covers the bathroom door and the lavatory. However, it does not reach around farther to cover the window, with its fabric curtain. There appear to be velcro spots to attach a waterproof covering of some sort. Those of you who have Pleasure-Way Plateaus, do you have a separate small covering for your window? Without that, how do you manage a shower without soaking the fabric curtain?
VanGoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Waterproof bath window covering/Sprinter

You should have gotten a separate curtain to velcro over the window.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Thanks, Davydd. We'll check with our dealership.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
Gold Member

Yes, like Davydd said you should have gotten a plastic covering for it...however, I find that I can control the handheld shower head enough that I usually don't use it. I just stand facing the window and point the showerhead away from it....seems to work!

What I do have a problem with is the spot where the shower curtain velcros to the wall. The little velcro dots are not big enough to hold it and when I pull the shower head out and try to just lay the shower head down while I soap up it pulls the shower curtain and it comes unhooked and then I have to re-secure the velcro before I turn the water on again. I need to add some velcro to that spot.

It's an even bigger problem when I'm plugged in (which is almost never - I do more dry camping than with amenities) because there's a plug right there! That is one of about 3 things that I've found that is just crappy design. The plug would be fine on the other side of the vanity - totally protected by the shower curtain. It would also be fine to not have a plug in the bathroom - it's not like the van is soooo big!!!!
teachergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #5
Bronze Member

I'm assuming by "plug" you mean electric outlet. I'm sure we'll never use that either. My husband's razor is cordless, it holds a charge for a week, and if he had to recharge he would tend to do it out on the kitchen counter. And I don't use a blow dryer, or electric toothbrush.

I haven't tried out the shower yet, but it seems to me that the hose is attached to the wall so that you can't pull it out to its full length. We had that in the B+ we owned, and my husband took the screws out of the wall to free the hose up. One of the advantages of a handheld shower is the capability of spraying it anywhere on your body, head to foot.

We rarely use our B for more than a couple of days, and if we do, we would stop in a campground with showers. And we've been known to overnight in a motel so we can have a really good shower. It may be we never use the shower -- but still I think we should have gotten the cover for the window.

Despite limited storage space, we're getting used to our Plateau. It rides and handles very nicely, and we like the bed. I think for winter we may dig out the old sleeping bags and use them instead of sheets and light blankets.

I don't think I reported here that we went on an overnight campout, and the electric all failed, except the bed mechanism and the fridge. We couldn't run the furnace, and we had the above-mentioned light blankets, no heat, no generator, only a tiny flashlight, and it was at least 40 or less outside. In the middle of the night we packed up and went home...we were freezing to death. In the light of day my husband found the circuit breakers that had tripped. Eventually we'll get used to all of this.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Platinum Member

We bought Coleman Issaquah sleeping bags that have removable flannel liners for $30 each at Costco and can go down to 20F. They can be zipped together but we never do that. They are kind of like having a Travasack or Superbag but not the price. Here is a view of them in our old 2005 Pleasure-way Plateau. They fit the bed precisely.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Bronze Member

Chalk this up to poor marital communication.

When I mentioned to my husband that we needed to contact our dealer to get a bath window cover, he said we had one and he had put it with all the owner's manuals etc. under the stove, rather than in the bath cabinet. (Go figure. )

I'll check on the sleepbags next time I get to Costco.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Costco is seasonal and hit and miss. You may not even find any sleeping bag there right now. Here is the info and description of the bag we bought even though the descriptor says not available. It isn't shown on the Coleman web site either, but gives you an idea of what to look for. It could be a discontinued model.

http://www.sportchalet.com/product/outd ... 8341606.do

http://reviews.costco.com/2070/11268629 ... eviews.htm