Old 08-01-2019, 08:22 PM   #1

Default We picked up our new B

After hundreds of youtube videos. Class B Forum post. Numerous test drives, including Galleria, Era, Travato, Beyond, and Zion.....

We ruled out the diesels.....gas is available everywhere.
We narrowed it down to the Travato and the Beyond.
Ram and Ford can be repaired everywhere.

The Beyond drifted on the highway and I was constantly correcting. The dealer let air out of the tires. Helped a little, but it was just not relaxing to drive.
The seats were not comfortable and had very limited adjustments.
The space between the front seats is very tight when transitioning with size 14 shoes.
The biggest problem however was with my wife’s asthma. We drove it on the highway twice and it was bad for her both times.
We also rented a Coachmen A class and it bothered her.
Must be some material they’re using.
** I'm not saying that all Beyonds drive bad, just the one that I was test driving!

We picked up a 2020 Travato K.
We liked the openness, numerous windows, the front wheel drive of the Travato K, and love the big rear bath! It will fit in a parking space and we can keep it at home.
My Dog, Wife and I are very happy with it.😃

I purchased a Zamp solar portable kit from the dealer also. In addition to the 200w it came with.
It wouldn't work with our controller. After a conversation with Zamp & Winnebago we are exchanging it for a Zamp Solar WINNEBAGO portable kit. My dealer had never been made aware that Winnebago had to have a special kit.
So if any of you Travato owners plans to add a remote solar panel to the side port get the part number USP 1008 140W

Old 08-02-2019, 03:31 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Congratulations!

You did your homework and it should pay off as you enjoy your new Travato.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Congrats!! Sounds like you make the right choice. Many years ago my father purchased a Datsun 260Z and he had to give it up because he was allergic to it. Good that it set off your wife's asthma before you purchased.

This was my first look at the Beyond. (is it new this year?) It looks very fancy on the website. How much was the price difference between the two rigs?

I'm sure that you will love the Promaster drive once you get used to the steering wheel not tilting, which seems to bother many at first. I recommend that you get Sumos for at least the rear and it will make it even better.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:23 PM   #4

"We picked up a 2020 Travato K.
We liked the openness, numerous windows, the front wheel drive of the Travato K, and love the big rear bath! It will fit in a parking space and we can keep it at home.
My Dog, Wife and I are very happy with it.��"

The three of us (boy, girl, dog) have nearly pulled the trigger on a 59K on several occasions over the last couple years for the exact same reasons. Love everything about it, except the driver's seating position and and at least an initial impression of a rough ride. Probably get used to those things though, so one of these may still be in our future. Good luck with your new adventure vehicle.
RVNoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #5

Default Rear bed comfortable!

We also considered the Travato and really liked the interior... except for the rear bed.

Even though my spouse and I are thinner than most folks, we found the bed to be too narrow and also too short due to that diagonally cut off end by the bathroom door.

How has your experience been with sleeping on that narrow rear bed?
GBail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBail View Post
We also considered the Travato and really liked the interior... except for the rear bed.

Even though my spouse and I are thinner than most folks, we found the bed to be too narrow and also too short due to that diagonally cut off end by the bathroom door.

How has your experience been with sleeping on that narrow rear bed?
They bought the K model with the twin beds that can convert to a small Queen. Both twin beds are 30" wide.
Royrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Strongly recommend rear AND front Sumo’s.
teck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:42 PM   #8
Bronze Member

You definitely did your homework! Just curious if you considered the Pleasure Way Lexor, also on the Promaster chassis (I don't see it on the list). They have great build quality and a lithium system to run everything but the A/C.

Congratulations on the Travato 59K! They are very nice and extremely popular. We are in our fourth summer with ours and see a lot of them on the road.
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #9

We bought the model K it has two twin bed that can convert to a queen. You were looking at the G.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:29 PM   #10

We did not look at the Lexor. None were available in our area. I do believe they're a very nice unit.
We didn't want the lithium unit. I am not a fan of not having a generator. We had a class C in the past without a lot of fancy gadgets and did just fine. I am happy with using Solar and a generator, or shore power. Just personal preference.