Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #221
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
Are you an 'insider'?

You seem to know a lot of details. Appreciated.
I am no insider, just happened to watch the recent videos...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #222
Platinum Member

All of what Greg is reporting was on the Wendland podcast and/or video from the show in Salt Lake.

Also... he is not claiming the title of "brand ambassador." He says that LTV will be one of his sponsors... presumably a major one. There is also a large disclaimer about his relationship to LTV on his page. So he is apparently trying to be more transparent.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #223
Bud
Platinum Member

"So he is apparently trying to be more transparent."

be or appear to be?
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #224
Bronze Member

Default Wendland’s LTV

Wendland’s purchased/signed for the Unity FX on Monday before the RVX Show started. They will take possession of it after the Show once the showroom has been cleared most likely on Friday 3/15/2019 around noon.
They are not brand ambassadors, but Mike does say that LTV is one of their Sponsors (watch the video about 36.40 into the video)
https://youtu.be/so87PKNGAxc
It is the new 2019 Sprinter—look at the dash, the elongated display and large round knobs on each side.

The new reveal is the LTV Class B+ (Class C) is the Unity Concept. Taking Pre-orders started March 12, 2019

The FitRV has the new Winnebago Limited Edition Class B National Parks Travato "K" on loan to them for the summer. It is not a proto-type. They take possession after the show also...as a loaner vehicle to try out for the summer.
They own an older Travato "G" that is being repaired.
Rdean925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #225
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdean925 View Post
Wendland’s purchased/signed for the Unity FX on Monday before the RVX Show started. They will take possession of it after the Show once the showroom has been cleared most likely on Friday 3/15/2019 around noon.
They are not brand ambassadors, but Mike does say that LTV is one of their Sponsors (watch the video about 36.40 into the video)
https://youtu.be/so87PKNGAxc
It is the new 2019 Sprinter—look at the dash, the elongated display and large round knobs on each side.

The new reveal is ge LTV Class B+ (Class C) is the Unity Concept. Taking Pre-orders started March 12, 2019

The FitRV has the new Winnebago Limited Edition Class B National Parks Travato "K" on loan to them for the summer. It is not a proto-type. They take possession after the show also...as a loaner vehicle to try out for the summer.
They own an older Travato "G" that is being repaired.
They are trying to appear impartial. Its all a show.

FitRVs van is fixed. This is on loan to them probably just for promo purposes. My complete guess is that FitRV is done with the Promaster platform and after using this for the summer they will be looking to get into a Boldt.
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #226
Bronze Member

Could be the FtRV will choose a Boldt, they had a Sprinter before the ProMaster.

Time will tell
Rdean925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:58 AM   #227
Platinum Member

The Wendland’s finished the purchase of their new LTV Unity FX at LaMesa in Albuquerque today so they are now LTV owners...
Old 03-19-2019, 02:34 AM   #228
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
The Wendland’s finished the purchase of their new LTV Unity FX at LaMesa in Albuquerque today so they are now LTV owners...
I wish them well on their new home. LTV
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:38 AM   #229
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
All of what Greg is reporting was on the Wendland podcast and/or video from the show in Salt Lake.

Also... he is not claiming the title of "brand ambassador." He says that LTV will be one of his sponsors... presumably a major one. There is also a large disclaimer about his relationship to LTV on his page. So he is apparently trying to be more transparent.

I wish there was a impartial group (i.e Consumer Reports) who could do a long-term test (24 months) on the new LTV model and the new WGO View.

Having independent reliability testing would be great for the industry and consumers.
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:14 AM   #230
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
I wish there was a impartial group (i.e Consumer Reports) who could do a long-term test (24 months) on the new LTV model and the new WGO View.
Dang near apples and oranges. There is really little comparison.

LTV is a high quality well-built RV... and the View?

It's a Winnebago... nuff said.

If you can afford it, you buy an LTV, if you can't, you buy a View.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 03-19-2019, 03:44 AM   #231
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Dang near apples and oranges. There is really little comparison.

LTV is a high quality well-built RV... and the View?

It's a Winnebago... nuff said.

If you can afford it, you buy an LTV, if you can't, you buy a View.
Agree ...

Winnebago is doing some nice upgrade to the View, watch the FitRV video from RVX...
Old 03-19-2019, 10:08 AM   #232
Bronze Member

No dog in this fight, but interesting how Robyn from Creativity RV YouTube channel had a lot of issues with her LTV and traded it for a Tiffin Wayfarer.
Chris Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:53 PM   #233

Brand influencers have been a vital marketing tool for a long time now.
whitewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:34 PM   #234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hayden View Post
No dog in this fight, but interesting how Robyn from Creativity RV YouTube channel had a lot of issues with her LTV and traded it for a Tiffin Wayfarer.
I understand her frustrations but it is so unusual for something like that to happen with an LTV that I wouldn’t avoid LTV because of it. Of course, her followers will use it as a reason to avoid LTV. In the end, most of her issues seemed to be with dealers and with the fact that she picked the wrong floor plan for her needs, not unusual to have a crappy dealer, even for LTVs and many people don’t understand their preferences for floor plans until they live in one for awhile...

The response of her followers and reposting of her story all over the place does show the influence of social media these days...
Old 03-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #235
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hayden View Post
That makes one... pretty much the only one and, like Greg, I found most of her beefs were that she chose the wrong rig for her and had a crappy dealer. I found it more than a bit whiny. LOL If her followers use it as a reason to avoid LTV, it is their loss from not doing due diligence.

It is the difference between a Lexus and a base Chevy IMHO. I've had a number of friends who owned Views and I do hope that Winnebago is upping their game. I actually considered a View back when I bought my Libero, but the differences were glaring back then. As many Sprinter issues as View issues.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 03-19-2019, 04:13 PM   #236
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Purchased?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #237
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Purchased?
Yes, he purchased the LTV, not sure what type of discount he may have gotten but he did purchase it himself.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #238
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Purchased?
More like "purchased" with a lot of asterisks and eye winks.
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #239
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
More like "purchased" with a lot of asterisks and eye winks.

It is possible, of course, that they got no more of a discount than any other knowledgeable buyer might get, isn’t it?
Old 03-19-2019, 05:44 PM   #240
Platinum Member

My take would be that even with RT, their van was on loan to them. I do not frequent their blog or site as I always feel like I am being up-sold on something which I dislike to a very large extent............but I say "good" for any of these folks that are skilled enough to get an expensive vehicle either discounted or on loan to them from a manufacturer.

Look at the FitRV. They have one on "loan" for about 6-months. Not sure what they will do after that? Not sure where the Russo's have landed or not but I do not see anything fundamentally wrong with manufactures wanting an ambassador or someone actually being the one they chose to represent them.

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote