Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2019, 08:15 PM   #241
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
It is possible, of course, that they got no more of a discount than any other knowledgeable buyer might get, isn’t it?
lol. I mean, for starters they got a van in a week. Real buyers are waiting like 6+ months at this point. Shame that a actual paying customer somewhere got their van sold to these dopes.
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #242
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
lol. I mean, for starters they got a van in a week. Real buyers are waiting like 6+ months at this point. Shame that a actual paying customer somewhere got their van sold to these dopes.
Last video I saw from the Wendlands said LTV was giving them the new Unity to use for some unspecified time. They were NOT buying it.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:03 PM   #243
Bud
Platinum Member

Well, so much for "transparency" or knowing how the ..... are being paid.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:09 PM   #244
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Last video I saw from the Wendlands said LTV was giving them the new Unity to use for some unspecified time. They were NOT buying it.
That was the Unity they used for a few weeks at first. Now the story is they are buying the murphy bed model. We know thats not reality. But it seems most people believe whatever nonsense those two sell them.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:35 PM   #245
Platinum Member

Quote:
That was the Unity they used for a few weeks at first. Now the story is they are buying the murphy bed model. We know thats not reality. But it seems most people believe whatever nonsense those two sell them.
Not quite correct, they had the use of a Wonder for a few weeks and returned it to LTV at the RVX show and left there with the Unity FX and why on earth you don’t believe that they actually purchased the LTV Unity FX through LaMesa in Albuquerque is something to wonder about. I suppose they simply parked in front of LaMesa and lied about buying it there in the post on Facebook? Did they get a discount, no doubt but who knows if it was any better than is typical, and did they get one quickly rather than waiting for one, sure, but they are doing PR for LTV so it is in LTV’s best interest to get them out there promoting the brand as quickly as possible.

The Wendland’s seem to either be well liked or well hated, not much middle ground. You might not like them at all but they do have 20,000 members in their Facebook group who seem to like them a lot. In the end, they have set up a business that allows them to travel a lot to interesting places and meet people that they have a good relationship with and they do work a lot to make it successful with videos, podcasts, website, gatherings, etc. If it works for them, then more power to them. Life is too short to worry much about how they might have been less than transparent in their relationship with RT but they seem to be pretty open now about who sponsors them and what that entails these days.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:29 PM   #246
Platinum Member

Quote:
Not quite correct, they had the use of a Wonder for a few weeks and returned it to LTV at the RVX show and left there with the Unity FX and why on earth you don’t believe that they actually purchased the LTV Unity FX through LaMesa in Albuquerque is something to wonder about. I suppose they simply parked in front of LaMesa and lied about buying it there in the post on Facebook? Did they get a discount, no doubt but who knows if it was any better than is typical, and did they get one quickly rather than waiting for one, sure, but they are doing PR for LTV so it is in LTV’s best interest to get them out there promoting the brand as quickly as possible.

The Wendland’s seem to either be well liked or well hated, not much middle ground. You might not like them at all but they do have 20,000 members in their Facebook group who seem to like them a lot. In the end, they have set up a business that allows them to travel a lot to interesting places and meet people that they have a good relationship with and they do work a lot to make it successful with videos, podcasts, website, gatherings, etc. If it works for them, then more power to them. Life is too short to worry much about how they might have been less than transparent in their relationship with RT but they seem to be pretty open now about who sponsors them and what that entails these days.
This is the disclaimer on bottom of their podcast page, distributed yesterday.

"DISCLAIMER
Presently, we are serving as brand ambassadors for Leisure Travel Vans and driving a coach provided free for our use. All opinions expressed about that coach honestly reflects our own personal appraisal, good and bad, and Leisure Travel Vans does not control our content, writing, videos, podcasts or newsletter reports in any way. In addition to the coach, Leisure assists us in some expenses related to our travel"

I don't hate them or love them. I do subscribe to their email newsletter and YouTube channel. Just saying...
Old 03-19-2019, 11:39 PM   #247
Platinum Member

Quote:

What is utterly amazing to me is there are STILL people who buy everything the Wendlands tell you hook line and sinker. I guess they truly have a gift. To me its very easy to spot them as the bad 1960s era used car salesmen they are.

On their next live stream ask them what they think of lithium batteries now. My theory is that like with anything else their opinion changes with the winds of whoever is currently paying them. If thats the kind of people you put trust into, Im sorry about that.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:42 PM   #248
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
What is utterly amazing to me is there are STILL people who buy everything the Wendlands tell you hook line and sinker. I guess they truly have a gift.
Gift? No.

There are 'Groupies' out there for all, just that sometimes only a few want to marry some serial killer. Seriously, that is how it is - fact.

Bud
Old 03-19-2019, 11:50 PM   #249
Platinum Member

Quote:

"DISCLAIMER
Presently, we are serving as brand ambassadors for Leisure Travel Vans and driving a coach provided free for our use. All opinions expressed about that coach honestly reflects our own personal appraisal, good and bad, and Leisure Travel Vans does not control our content, writing, videos, podcasts or newsletter reports in any way. In addition to the coach, Leisure assists us in some expenses related to our travel"

I don't hate them or love them. I do subscribe to their email newsletter and YouTube channel. Just saying...
They posted a picture of the Unity FX with them standing next to it in front of LaMesa in Albuquerque yesterday with the comment “It’s ours. Officially signed on the dotted line today”. They were driving an LTV Wonder that was provided free for their use before they got the Unity and mentioned that was a temporary loan and that they would be buying their permanent LTV for themselves. Will they update the disclaimers on their various sites to reflect this? Who knows and I personally don’t care much about it at this point. With the disclaimer they currenty have, no one should be suprised by the fact that they are doing PR for all their sponsors and surely get something in return...
Old 03-20-2019, 12:00 AM   #250
Platinum Member

Quote:

"DISCLAIMER

Just like donating PACs, organizations and unions don't control the votes of our elected representatives. Can you believe them?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:00 PM   #251
Platinum Member

I find the haters here just as ridiculous as their groupies over on Facebook. They've taken so much online crap since the collapse of RT, you would think it was their fault. Oh wait... those haters hate RT just as much.
I neither hate nor love these people. I am in the middle of the road. The Wendlands fill a niche for RVers who are new and/or need extra hand holding. Were they not clear about their relationship with RT? I thought it was perfectly obvious and didn't feel that they were hiding anything. But since they didn't mention their contract in every video, podcast, and facebook entry, some won't be satisfied.

They have been very transparent about the situation with LTV. They were given a Wonder to drive for a few weeks... discussed repeatedly in their videos, podcasts... and in writing copy/pasted above. They also made clear that they were returning it and picking up one of the show rigs. Those who are complaining obviously didn't listen or watch all their reports. (I did because I wanted to see how open they were going to be this time) Clearly LTV wanted someone out talking about the new Sprinter.

Yes, they haven't yet corrected the disclaimer. BFD I suspect that most of the hate is jealousy. It is perfectly obvious that they have purchased this new Unity. LTV has never given a rig to anyone and they sell well enough that they don't need to now. I'm sure that they got a good deal. But then, so did I when I bought my Libero... good negotiating skills. My dealer re-sold it 4 years later for the almost same price that I paid.

And I didn't even have to make a video or podcast.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #252
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I find the haters here just as ridiculous as their groupies over on Facebook. They've taken so much online crap since the collapse of RT, you would think it was their fault. Oh wait... those haters hate RT just as much.
I neither hate nor love these people. I am in the middle of the road. The Wendlands fill a niche for RVers who are new and/or need extra hand holding. Were they not clear about their relationship with RT? I thought it was perfectly obvious and didn't feel that they were hiding anything. But since they didn't mention their contract in every video, podcast, and facebook entry, some won't be satisfied.

They have been very transparent about the situation with LTV. They were given a Wonder to drive for a few weeks... discussed repeatedly in their videos, podcasts... and in writing copy/pasted above. They also made clear that they were returning it and picking up one of the show rigs. Those who are complaining obviously didn't listen or watch all their reports. (I did because I wanted to see how open they were going to be this time) Clearly LTV wanted someone out talking about the new Sprinter.

Yes, they haven't yet corrected the disclaimer. BFD I suspect that most of the hate is jealousy. It is perfectly obvious that they have purchased this new Unity. LTV has never given a rig to anyone and they sell well enough that they don't need to now. I'm sure that they got a good deal. But then, so did I when I bought my Libero... good negotiating skills. My dealer re-sold it 4 years later for the almost same price that I paid.

^^^^ What she said is how I look at it too...
Old 03-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #253
Platinum Member

An ambassador is someone that can tell you to go to hell and have you look forward to the trip. That defines the Wendlands and their RV LIFESTYLES/RV VAN LIVING site.
ContinuousImprovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #254
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post

You sure wrote a lot of words for someone who "neither loves nor hates these people".

They are flea market hucksters. Bottom line. RT is only part of it. They shill for whoever pays them regardless of their honest thoughts. Anyone should be able to see right through their act. They dont hide it well. Their sales pitch sounds like something from 60's TV. The fact that thousands of people blindly follow their every word is kind of depressing. But thats where we are. Cults are really easy to start these days.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #255
Platinum Member

Quote:
You sure wrote a lot of words for someone who "neither loves nor hates these people".

They are flea market hucksters. Bottom line. RT is only part of it. They shill for whoever pays them regardless of their honest thoughts. Anyone should be able to see right through their act. They dont hide it well. Their sales pitch sounds like something from 60's TV. The fact that thousands of people blindly follow their every word is kind of depressing. But thats where we are. Cults are really easy to start these days.
There is more than one person who writes a lot of words but neither loves or hates also...

Not sure what the point of that statement is?

So you only comment when you either love or hate something? No middle ground?
Old 03-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #256
Platinum Member

The Wendlands are now in the Class C camp so there is no relevance for me any longer. Their RVLifestyle group is no longer Class B oriented and quite frankly difficult to browse and cut through the chaff of other RV classes and trailer posts I have no interest in. I've cut way down on Facebook groups as I have my own sandwich group that keeps me busy.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #257
Platinum Member

Time to give an update from the Wendland’s so the haters have something to whine about...

https://rvlifestyle.com/a-week-in-our-new-rv/
Old 03-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #258
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Time to give an update from the Wendland’s so the haters have something to whine about...

https://rvlifestyle.com/a-week-in-our-new-rv/
"Cults are really easy to start these days."

And maintain.

Bud
Old 03-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #259
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
"Cults are really easy to start these days."

And maintain.

Bud
Come on guys, can’t we get some new material instead of the same old stuff...
Old 03-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #260
Platinum Member

LOL. All this is a laugh riot. I wonder how many previous supposedly dedicated class B Roadtrek devotees have followed them like lemmings over the cliff and will now buy Class C's?

For those of you with some knowledge, you can clearly decipher was is going on here. I assume the Wendlunds are trying to cultivate a long term relationship with a premium brand like LTV. If that requires buying one now so they get free stuff and checks later, they will do it. It's how it works - you don't get a pile of free stuff and lucrative deals all at once. A few years of being good brand representatives, showcasing the product and showing a media presence that drives sales, it could work over time.

My bet is they drive this current unit for a couple years, or until a new product offering is coming down the pipe - that's when the time might be right to leverage a new RV or a better contract out of LTV. It's a big gamble, just like any business endeavor.

There just isn't big money shilling for WGO. They don't give away product like some of the others. They do short term promotions and give some modest stipends for articles and other representation. Mostly they like to hand out perks here and there for good public relations. In my view, FitRV is completely transparent and I believe their statements. James still works a regular job and is probably still paying a note on the yellow van. I think it's a 2015 model, so it might be getting time to upgrade, I don't know. Since they are sports-active folks, I'll be interested to see their take on the K floorplan in the borrowed unit they have this summer. Could they end up in a Boldt? They have a ton of Travato supporters and have cultivated a following - one that is largely not in the target demographic for a Boldt purchase. Could give you a clue if they move to more of a "RV lifestyle" type program.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote