Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 06:53 PM   #141
Bud
Platinum Member

"I think it comes down to different strokes for different folks"

That expression is often used for something like the color of B's. Usually that expression is not used for folks wanting to get close to serial killers on death row and marry them.

Seems like this is about ethics, dishonesty. But maybe it is the degree of immorality dishonesty concerning the Wendland's behavior that makes the expression ok. I'm excluding the folks that are ignorant of the Wendland like behavior.
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #142
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
"I think it comes down to different strokes for different folks"

That expression is often used for something like the color of B's. Usually that expression is not used for folks wanting to get close to serial killers on death row and marry them.
I don't think we want to liken them to another couple. agree?

That might be an early generation Roadtrek in the background /s
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #143
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
I don't think we want to liken them to another couple. agree?

That might be an earlygeneration Roadtrek in the background /s
Agree, and enjoyed your post.

Thanks.

Bud
Old 02-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #144
Platinum Member

This Will Be An Interesting Event...

A new chapter of our lives on the road is upon us and we'll be talking about our decision to start shopping for a new camper

It's Time for a Change - Shopping for Our Next Camper
We're the Russos
Scheduled for 2/20/19, 2:00 PM

They were very good Ambassadors for EHG NA
Old 02-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #145
Platinum Member

Full story link

Let the spinning begin...
Over the years I have gotten to know many of those workers and over the past month, as the company unraveled, many have called or reached out to me, even though we ended our connection with the company last month. They wanted to know if I had heard anything they hadn't. I hadn't and indeed, actually knew much less than they did.

Followed by some pushback...

RW on February 15, 2019 at 11:16 pm
Mike, why did you block me from your FB page when I expressed concern and anger at what was happening? Because I called out your friend, Jim Hammill?

Lisa Paul on February 15, 2019 at 11:48 pm
Jim Hammill is definitely to blame for this. If he didn’t participate, he was so incompetent that he missed it. So you blocked me when I pointed this out.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:14 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
How anyone really takes them seriously is beyond me. They come off as bad flea market salesman. If not RVs, theyd be selling candles or some new cleaning sponges. Dean must not want to keep going to shows and stuff anymore. Shame, hes perfect as the face of LTV.
I saw nothing in LTV’s announcement saying or implying that the Wendlands are replacing Dean. The strategy seems to be simply to add them as another marketing tool. Whether this proves a sound strategy, time will tell.
Novadude59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #147

Quote:
This Will Be An Interesting Event...

A new chapter of our lives on the road is upon us and we'll be talking about our decision to start shopping for a new camper

It's Time for a Change - Shopping for Our Next Camper
We're the Russos
Scheduled for 2/20/19, 2:00 PM

They were very good Ambassadors for EHG NA

My impression is that their search for a new camper van coincided with the beginning of the troubles of Hymer, but I don’t know if it’s related. Does anyone have any insights or knowledge on this?
Novadude59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #148
Platinum Member

Quote:

Full story link

Let the spinning begin...
Over the years I have gotten to know many of those workers and over the past month, as the company unraveled, many have called or reached out to me, even though we ended our connection with the company last month. They wanted to know if I had heard anything they hadn't. I hadn't and indeed, actually knew much less than they did.

Followed by some pushback...

RW on February 15, 2019 at 11:16 pm
Mike, why did you block me from your FB page when I expressed concern and anger at what was happening? Because I called out your friend, Jim Hammill?

Lisa Paul on February 15, 2019 at 11:48 pm
Jim Hammill is definitely to blame for this. If he didn’t participate, he was so incompetent that he missed it. So you blocked me when I pointed this out.

It is interesting that the pushback posts appear to have been "eliminated" from the link. It looks like Wendland learned the "control the narrative" lessons very well from Hammill.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #149
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
It is interesting that the pushback posts appear to have been "eliminated" from the link. It looks like Wendland learned the "control the narrative" lessons very well from Hammill.
He's thinks he is smart but not so much..

Craig Thomas on February 16, 2019 at 5:05 am
The “alternative narrative” of a Hymer-Thor plot to destroy Roadtrek is absurd. I’m amazed you would give it any credence, particularly after asking your readers to refrain from spreading unfounded rumors and speculation. More than a few readers will note this narrative absolves your friend Jim Hammill of wrongdoing, and wonder if that is why you included it in your post, without any critical analysis.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:34 PM   #150
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
booster Please! We need to be respectful at this time. The Wendland's are probably very upset, sad, depressed.......... with what's happened to all their close friends at Roadtrek. They need some time to grieve.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:07 PM   #151
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapperdude View Post
Wincrasher, I keep trying to read your blog. I get the following:

"Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from Wincrasher's Travels (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

Any ideas?
No idea. I don't get that message when I pull it up on my computer.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:14 PM   #152
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
We've actually had lunch with James and Stefany, twice. She is a treat. Really nice and cordial, interested in your happenings and of course class B's. He is reserved and quiet, always has those wheels turning in his head thinking about his next van mod, or house mod.
All in all a very enjoyable couple obviously very much into each other. One of those couples made for each other
I know them and they are genuine. James is more likely to let you know he disagrees with you. Stef is the type to always see the silver lining and the best in people. They are straight shooters in my book and would not promote something they didn't believe in. They also don't sugar coat things they've done - they promote the composting toilet, but have been honest about the shortcomings and hiccups they've had with it. I think this all stems from a desire to serve their audience, not soak it for what they can get, unlike some folks I won't mention.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #153
Platinum Member

Location: East of world famous Sedro Woolley, west of Concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
No idea. I don't get that message when I pull it up on my computer.
I get this error, using Firefox:

"Your connection is not secure

The owner of Wincrasher's Travels has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.
"
Now, with trip reports!!!!
skagitstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #154
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skagitstan View Post
I get this error, using Firefox:

"Your connection is not secure

The owner of Wincrasher's Travels has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.
"
It must be a blogspot issue. I don't "configure" the site. You essentially use their editor (like a word processor) to construct your pages not unlike a Word document you use for a report at work.

EDIT: Try it again - I found a setting to enable HTTPS redirect. That turns on encryption by default and may correct the issue, don't know.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #155
Platinum Member

The Truth About Sponsorships (and Getting Free Stuff)

Clear language on best practices and FTC expectations

Takeaway
: Are RV Ambassadors under an agreement not to speak critically of the RVs they are being given to use for free? If true, this means we will only get a one-sided perspective.

This is why each and every video / media content should have paid sponsor on the screen to inform the viewer.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:19 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
booster Please! We need to be respectful at this time. The Wendland's are probably very upset, sad, depressed.......... with what's happened to all their close friends at Roadtrek. They need some time to grieve.
The Wendlands have come out of all this “sunny side up”. They were setting their new site up a long time ago - they probably saw the writing on the wall. They have acquired a new RV in almost indecent haste. Allowing them “time to grieve” is a joke!
Fuschiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #157
Gold Member

Are the FitRV couple the ones that did video review of Cassette Toilet vs Compost toilet? Clearly they had no idea what they were doing, gave huge thumbs down to the cassette toilet used it for 4 days before cleaning it, then wondered why the horrendous smell. The toilet swap out was a DIY job. If it was not them, apologies to the fitrv people.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:17 PM   #158
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Are the FitRV couple the ones that did video review of Cassette Toilet vs Compost toilet? Clearly they had no idea what they were doing, gave huge thumbs down to the cassette toilet used it for 4 days before cleaning it, then wondered why the horrendous smell. The toilet swap out was a DIY job. If it was not them, apologies to the fitrv people.
It was the FitRV. They accomplished one thing. They convinced me a composting toilet is a bad idea.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:19 PM   #159
Platinum Member

Post dog pics. Both the Wendlands and Hammill did.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:32 PM   #160
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuschiagirl View Post
The Wendlands have come out of all this “sunny side up”. They were setting their new site up a long time ago - they probably saw the writing on the wall. They have acquired a new RV in almost indecent haste. Allowing them “time to grieve” is a joke!
No No Fuschiagirl.

I understand that Hammill, his 2 buddies along with the Wendland's have been together drowning their sorrows in Dom Perignon, just don't know anything about the Caviar.

Bud