Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2019, 07:30 PM   #1

Question what should i pay for 2018 Pleasure-way Ascent TS 3.0

wondering what a reasonable price is for a new RV that is two model years old now - it is at a dealership close to me in NH - link to listing is below - appreciate any help on this - hoping to get an RV to drive down to FL for winters/leave down there - possibly rent out - then back up here for the summer (live in NH) - use as a mobile office when i have here in NH and not renting...

https://www.rvt.com/Pleasureway-Asce...11201-UX198482

thanks for any info relating to this!!!
Leeanne from NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
Silver Member

Not sure if you noticed, but they do classify it as “used” on that link.
Van_Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:54 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeanne from NH View Post
wondering what a reasonable price is for a new RV that is two model years old now - it is at a dealership close to me in NH - link to listing is below - appreciate any help on this - hoping to get an RV to drive down to FL for winters/leave down there - possibly rent out - then back up here for the summer (live in NH) - use as a mobile office when i have here in NH and not renting...

https://www.rvt.com/Pleasureway-Asce...11201-UX198482

thanks for any info relating to this!!!

Welcome to the forum Leeanne!

The short answer is you'll pay what it's worth to you. I'm not trying to be snarky. Please allow me to explain.

In my opinion, rv prices are artificially inflated and as new prices rise, the used prices rise along with them. In my case, two years ago I purchased a 5 yr. old used b for just under $60K. When new, it had a MSRP of about $95K and likely could have been had new for $80K from a motivated dealer. To have paid 75% of new price for a 5 yr. old van (even one with low/average miles and in very nice condition) seems like too much. Yet we were ready to take the plunge after 18 months of looking.

Did I pay too much? Certainly. But, apparently everyone is. So when I found ours at nearly $10K less than other comparables I'd seen, I plunged in with both feet.

You're talking about one nearly new and almost double the price I paid. You owe it to yourself to look at it, then price a new one at a dealership (with 2 extra years of warranty). I'd look on rvtrader.com for their pricing on comparable new and used units. In both cases compare features, ask for their lowest price, and check financing offers available on each. If the saving are substantial enough on the used model and it checks out well, and make them an even lower offer (but only what you can afford).

Sorry I can't give you the specific $xxxx amount quote you're looking for.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #4

Default Thanks for replies

thought the front seats looked used, but they noted 0 miles...watched ultramobility and he said if you go in you should know what you want to pay - will ask them the number of miles
Old 12-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeanne from NH View Post
thought the front seats looked used, but they noted 0 miles...watched ultramobility and he said if you go in you should know what you want to pay - will ask them the number of miles

I tried to look at the vehicle report through their link and it wanted me to sign up and probably also pay for it once I did. Good dealers links go directly to the vehicle report without the BS, I think. I also saw the listed as used but didn't see any mileage listed, so maybe missed it. It looks like their price is based on NADA which are usually not very accurate compared to what the market is getting.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Leeanne, Pleasure-Way makes quality rigs, and the Ascent is their smaller, nimble model. I like this flooplan. (I have similar floorplan in Pleasureway's Canadian cousin LTV Free Spirit.) Odd that odometer is not listed for a "used" vehicle, not in the rvt listing nor on the dealer's website. https://www.campersinn.com/product/u...-0-1151952-116
This rig sleeps only 2 (not 4 as listed), but looks very clean and in good shape. Price seems high, but worth a trip to look at it and the other models on the lot. Good luck with your Class B adventures.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:54 PM   #7

Default got an answer on mileage

they said had 2005 miles on it
Old 12-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #8
Platinum Member

If it were me, I would fly down to Florida and visit one (all) of the La Mesa dealerships in Orlando, Ft. Myers, or Port St Lucie and check out their selections. You could drive it back home to NH.

Also, it's not exactly RV selling season in NH right now. If you really want it, I would give them a low-ball offer of around $85K. That's about where the NADA low retail price is.

BTW, I wouldn't rent out my Class B. Too much liability from to many novice RVers.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
If it were me, I would fly down to Florida and visit one (all) of the La Mesa dealerships in Orlando, Ft. Myers, or Port St Lucie and check out their selections. You could drive it back home to NH.

Also, it's not exactly RV selling season in NH right now. If you really want it, I would give them a low-ball offer of around $85K. That's about where the NADA low retail price is.

BTW, I wouldn't rent out my Class B. Too much liability from to many novice RVers.
+1 on not renting out a Class B.
wantoworkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:50 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Keep in mind there is a good chance the batteries are shot on a van that’s been sitting for two years - factor this in as price is considered/negotiated.
teck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #11
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantoworkless View Post
+1 on not renting out a Class B.
Plus 2 on renting out “my” rig! Nobody respects a rental.
Also be warned, check insurance rates. Some forbid renting! (Or May charge higher rates).
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Lazydays in Seffner, FL has a fly & drive program for purchasing a MH. I did this when I purchased my 2017 Trend. I was on a Winnebago adventure and stayed there a week and was able to inspect the MH's. I did not trade in and purchased a month later by phone. Check out their web site for inventory and you may find a deal.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:29 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Default Price elasticity

Prices and sales tax vary depending on where you live.

A vehicle for sale in California will definitely be higher than a lot of other places. In Oregon, if you are a resident, there's no sales tax.

A five year old model will still command a higher price in Southern California, there's no rust here and vehicles can last for 20 years or more as long as you want to keep fixing them.

If you live in the Northeast where vehicles experience a harsh winter, you'll have to pay to keep it in a heated garage and off the road from road salt.......

Make your best deal and be happy with your decision.
Good luck.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote