Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-29-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 18
Default What's it worth?

We have a 2013 Roadtrek CS Adventurous that we're planning to sell. I've been searching the internet for this model to no avail. There are lots of RS Adventurous models but no CS Adventurous. We would like to get an estimate of what it's worth before we advertise it or visit a dealer to trade it. Where is the best place to look to get a good idea of what we should ask for it? Thanks.
__________________

Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
rowiebowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,053
Default

My very seat-of-the-pants response is price it like an RS or like these CS models on rvtrader.com. I don't think you can use a service like NADA or Kelly Blue Book to get an accurate price for class b rv's.

https://www.rvtrader.com/Roadtrek-Cs...US%7C764966146

Good luck.
__________________

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:05 PM   #3
Platinum Member
 
Boxster1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
My very seat-of-the-pants response is price it like an RS or like these CS models on rvtrader.com. I don't think you can use a service like NADA or Kelly Blue Book to get an accurate price for class b rv's.

https://www.rvtrader.com/Roadtrek-Cs...US%7C764966146

Good luck.
Why do you think NADA can't be used to get a price range? The attached screen grab from NADA seems to be consistent with the pricing of newer models shown in the RV Trader link.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0544.jpg (113.9 KB, 36 views)
__________________
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter 3500 170Ext
Formerly: 1973 Dodge B300 DIY pop-top conversion
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 18
Default

Would it make a difference in value if we still have about a year and a half remaining on our extended service contract?
Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:19 PM   #5
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 1,143
Default Maybe more than you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillie View Post
We have a 2013 Roadtrek CS Adventurous that we're planning to sell. I've been searching the internet for this model to no avail. There are lots of RS Adventurous models but no CS Adventurous. We would like to get an estimate of what it's worth before we advertise it or visit a dealer to trade it. Where is the best place to look to get a good idea of what we should ask for it? Thanks.
Someone recently told me that he sold his 2002 for more than book value.... just waiting for the right buyer..

Why are you selling it? I have a 2012 RS... I noticed that you mentioned that there's many more RS's around? I don't know... maybe that's true.. but, I wouldn't call the RS ubiquitous.

And, good for you.on the extended warranty... who's this warranty with??


. I would definitely be calling them to inquire if that's transferable to a new person....
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Someone recently told me that he sold his 2002 for more than book value.... just waiting for the right buyer..

Why are you selling it? I have a 2012 RS... I noticed that you mentioned that there's many more RS's around? I don't know... maybe that's true.. but, I wouldn't call the RS ubiquitous.

And, good for you.on the extended warranty... who's this warranty with??


. I would definitely be calling them to inquire if that's transferable to a new person....

Our granddaughter loves to go with us on our trips. That was ok when she was smaller but she's a freshman in high school now so we need a bit more space.

I just see more RSs listed for sale than CSs. We love the CS with its separate freezer and fridge. It makes it easy for us to buy more frozen foods to take with us.

Husband says the warranty is with Cornerstone and is transferable. We appreciated it when we had three different dealerships work on the plumbing to get the water heater to work correctly. I hope it's appreciated by the buyer.
Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #7
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillie View Post
Would it make a difference in value if we still have about a year and a half remaining on our extended service contract?

A lot will depend on the warranty. is it easily transferable at a reasonable cost, what does it cover, etc? Even if a good warranty, it will be worth a tiny fraction of the initial cost.



I think 2013 was a very early year for the CS (our favorite of the Sprinter styles), so there probably aren't all that many out there.


I find ebay to be decent for many items as you can see how much stuff sold for is you click on the "sold" link on the left side of the page for what you are looking at. I didn't see any of the older CS models when I did a quick look, though.



Asking prices are really not a good indicator of what the van is worth, unfortunately, as most that are advertised are highly inflated to give room for the seller to give a "great" discount, or find a sucker to pay asking.


My guess would be that a CS would be slightly more valuable than an RS, as the CS got to be a pretty popular model for Roadtrek, and the CS is nearly a Sprinter clone of the Dodge and Chevy Roadtrek floorplans so appeals to the move up market from those older models.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:31 PM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 18
Default

Good info from all of you. Thanks.
__________________

Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×