Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #121
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoman View Post
Very nice setup and threads on it !!! How has it been working so far ?
Have y'all attempted any a/c use and if so how long will it operate ?
It's been operational about a year now and it's been fantastic - what a load off my mind to finally not be power-limited any longer. Very liberating.

We installed an EasyStart and can run the roof a/c for up to about 2 hours at a time. It's a lifesaver when I'm driving solo cross country in the heat of the summer. I drive all morning, have lunch, and then take a nap with the roof a/c on, which runs the lithium battery down. Then get back on the road drive all afternoon which charges the battery back up. Rinse and repeat for the five days it takes me to get from Houston to far northeastern Nova Scotia.

I've posted this pic previously on other threads, but given that you asked, this was one of our primary inspirations for all of our electrical DIY - a boondocking property I have in Canada. Almost all of the area in the distance is a wilderness set-aside similar to a National Wildlife Refuge. Last year I had that road and parking pad put in for our rig. I share about 0.8 km of private road with two other area landowners, then the last 600 feet or so are the road you see below, which I had built on my section of land. I've remained off-grid for up to a month at a time thus far. There are no utilities in the area.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
110v, inverter, refrigerator