Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2017, 12:40 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Winnebago decals on 2014 ERA

Hi, I have a 2014 ERA that I bought used. The decals on one side are curling up and I am thinking to take them off. I will probably go to a shop to do but wanted to see if anyone had experience removing decals. How did it go and any issues such as the paint underneath the decals, etc, that I should consider. I do not know what it would cost to have replaced but figure that just kicks the ball down the road so to speak. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
George
GBUSMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
Platinum Member

for a vehicle that new I would ask winnie- after all is advertising for them if their product marks are in good shape ( and a neg if they aren't)

I have an older other brand, mine are faded, and underneath my paint is like new, so the outline can be seen.
no big deal, it's white on white for me.

not like I'm going to paint the van over it

in your case i would ask winnie directly if they would like to opportunity to make your newer van look nice- at no cost to you

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I suppose thats worth a shot. I bought the unit used and its 3 years old, figured no need to waste time talking to them. Still, you never know until you ask. Thanks.
George
GBUSMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #4
Platinum Member

i bought a 12 yr old Roadtrek last year and decided to remove the decals on the rear door that advertised "Motorhome" using these two products and had good results:

Rapid Remover:
RAPID REMOVER #RR32 - 32 OZ BOTTLE WITH SPRAYER, IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP! | eBay

Plastic Scraper:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ManWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:04 AM   #5
g1g
Platinum Member

I use to work in a body shop and removed many decals. Just heat it up with a heat gun or lamp and start pulling. It will splinter off and you will have to start again but eventually it comes off. heat it up enough to soften the glue but not paint. Once you get the decal off the next thing is the remaining glue. I have always used DuPont Prep Sol Or Martain Senior (NAPA) Final Wash but I am sure there are others as another had posted.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote